“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen - Chesapeake House
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed 25 April 2011

It was a very clean room. Pretty quiet for the most part. Customer service is absolutely HORRIBLE!! Most are rude and are not people trained. The manager dont seem to care too much either. Also we had 3 women in 1 room and asked for 6 towels (1 for hair 1 for body) and was told no. We could only have 3. I spent $500 there and couldnt get clean towels and enough for everyone daily. Housekeepers were def polite and did a very good job keeping things in order! Also within a 5 night and 6 day stay the fire alarm went off 4 times at random times znd we would all have to go to parking lot.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Meme2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 11 November 2010

It's been a very long time since I was made to travel to APG so I chose to stay at the Holiday inn for the indoor pool! I was here in 1998 and it was nice then but now it's all revamped since corporate redesigned i guess but i was very impressed! So clean and breakfast was as good as my moms! Well close;) I definitely recommend this location!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Kippie_Kayla
Middletown, NJ
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn for business related travel and was very impressed by it. I chose this hotel based on the location and also other people's recommendations.
I had a speedy check-in, found the room to be HUGE (for a solo or even for a couple), VERY clean, great bath amenties(soap/lotion) and the pillows were wonderful! :0)
Breakfast in the morning was very good, much better then your standard continental spread. Staff was very welcoming and readily available to answer any of my questions.
I will be down again for business and will absolutely book the Chesapeake House again!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank travlinchick
Jamesburg, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 April 2010

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding in the area. Located right off Rt 95 in MD. There are baseball tournaments during the season, so look out for that. Lots of people in town. Our stay was good, no complaints. The room was nice. The hotel breakfast was so, so. There are restaurants in the immediate vicinity - McDon, Bob Evans, Pizza Hut, Wendy's, BK, Rita's.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank FitzD
Charleston
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I made reservations at the last minute for this hotel and I still got the kind of rooms I wanted. The staff at this hotel is extremely friendly and helpful especially at the front desk. When we checked in the room it was clean, nice, and big. The Lady at the front desk gave us directions to the mall and told us where things were in the area. The bed was so comfortable that we didn't want to get up the next morning to leave or have breakfast. The breakfast was continental and it was nice. We all really enjoyed the area and the hotel. I wouldn't mind staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MzLeLe
Philadelphia
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I stayed at this Holiday Inn in September for 2 different stays. I was expecting a great stay as the hotel had gone through the relaunch to have one of the new signs. I was disappointed. The lobby decor was old and worn and did not keep with the modern perception of the new logo.
The room decor was nice. The room was comfortable. I did think the bathroom could have been cleaner.
Front desk staff was nice and so was the housekeeper I met in the hallway.
My friend tried the breakfast that was complimentary, but really did not like it. It did not look appealing to her.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
mississmissi
Reviewed 21 March 2009

The desk clerk who checked me in was very friendly. I went downstairs later to find vending machines and the woman who as working looked like she was about to go to sleep. She didn't smile at me, but did direct me to the vending machines in a polite way. As with many hotel rooms, the temperature was very hard to regulate, worse than some. It was too hot, then too cold, all night. My biggest complaint is the restaurant. As a Priority Club member, I received a coupon for a free breakfast bar. Once I had been seated, I got no attention, no refill on coffee and as a result, left no tip. They had only whole milk, and I didn't see any kind of fruit. I am used to staying at Holiday Inn Express which offers fat free milk, fat free yogurt and fruit. In this day and age, when so many people are health conscience, it would be nice for a restaurant to at least have 2% milk, if not fat free. It was nice that they offer the free buffet, but if they want to treat their guests well, they should be able to provide for the needs of people special health needs and desires. It is a convenient location and has a nice exercise room. I will probably stay here in the future, simply because of the location, but I will bring my own food along and not be taking advantage of the less than suitable restaurant. My recommend a friend below comes with the caveat that I would tell them not to plan on a healthy breakfast in the morning!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business