Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen - Chesapeake House
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Just "OK"”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had to book a last minute trip, so we didn't have much in the way of choices. Given that, I'm OK with the room and hotel. My biggest issue is the cigarette smell from the rooms across the hall. Not just occasionally...all the time. Yuck!

The other "issue" may not even seem like an issue: the hot water can scald easily. From lukewarm to scalding in one touch of the faucet. Be careful with the kids.

Speaking of kids....the hotel is very close to Cal Ripkin stadium so on the weekends the hotel is packed with boisterous boys to participate in events at the stadium. That may not be your idea of a good place to stay. It wasn't mine. Parents need to control their kids better is the real problem. Not the hotel's responsibility.

Lot's of restaurants within walking distance to choose from for a town this size. It's a safe neighborhood.

The housekeeping staff has bent over backwards to accommodate my celiac disease. I've asked them to not clean surfaces that could potentially have food placed on it (I'll clean it). They've been wonderfully helpful and the hotel is clean including the parking lot. Dannisha was the housekeeping staff that was so wonderful! Very professional.

Renovations seem to be completed from earlier comments and the common area/breakfast room was decent and updated.

Easy 5-7 minute drive to Aberdeen Proving Grounds.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Upstate, NY
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Arrived with out a reservation. No problem plenty of vacancies . Thought this hotel had extremely nice lobby and breakfast area. The breakfast and the seating area is probably one of the best I have seen. Breakfast hours ended a little too early. Room was very nice also. I thought the price was too high for the area but AAA discount made it slightly better.

Room Tip: Ask for a better price than the first one stated.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Amish Country
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed at this location several times. This is my first review of the property. I was warmly greeted by Lynn at the front desk and got my room. Nice king sized bed on first floor. The room was clean and comfortable. Extra pillows were provided and Lynn checked in with us to make sure everything was in order. The rest of the staff was just as accomodating and friendly. Breakfast was set up by 7.00 am. and coffee was ready before that. We made a day trip to the Baltimore Aquarium which was close by, by my standards. There is also alot of other things to do in the area close by. Plenty of eateries as well. The only setback this trip, was that the pool was being seperated from the main building and was not operational. I just swam in the bathtub instead. I hope when I come back, they will say, "welcome home".

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beaverdisc
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This Holiday Inn is a solid performer in the HI chain. It is conveniently located near I 95 on RT 22. Everything is located in this area from restaurants to food shopping. Several non-chain restaurants are in the area which also makes it a nice break from the rigors of chain food.

The property is well kept and always fresh. The staff is friendly and always greets you as a returning guest. The hotel has standard rooms with up to date conveniences. Lots of channels on the TV and good internet connection.

Breakfast is usually included in my rate, but not sure if it is included in all the room rates. The breakfast is quite nice.

There is ample parking around the hotel as it shares a lot with a mall area. It is well lit and well kept.

You are a few minutes away from Aberdeen Proving Ground or the Ripken stadium.

This is not the cheapest hotel in the area, but certainly one of the best performers.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Evilshig
Warwick
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We didn't find it easy to know where to enter the strip mall in which the hotel is located and any directions on the road were not picked up by us . On arrival, we realised there were renovations going on. It's going to become a H.I. Express.The Receptionist told us our breakfast was free but had to be informed that our rate included it and then gave us a ridiculously partial amount of reduction . It took till the next morning to put it completely right as by chance the manager was on duty and sorted it fully.
We had to ask for a different room because there was a musty, not fresh, smell. The Pub ( the hotel restaurant) was closed so we used a Pizza Hut Takeaway, just about 200 metres walk across the precinct in which the hotel is located. Breakfast finished quite early (0930 hrs?) to our surprise-we should have been told at Reception- and we thought we'd missed it but were rescued by kind, helpful breakfast staff, who brought out food for us after it had been cleared away ( they had known I was waiting outside for my wife to arrive!) . It was an ad hoc breakfast room because of the conversion work.

Room Tip: Ask for a room unaffected by the renovations
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I have stayed in a few hotels at I-95 exits 80 and 85. This hotel is as close to Aberdeen Proving Grounds as you can get. It is within walking distance to a couple of restaurants and a sports bar. The staff was very friendly, breakfast was good, and room was clean. There are renovations going on, but it did not interfere with my stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank paul35824
Brigantine
Reviewed 30 September 2011

No problems here. Nice clean hotel with plenty of parking. Near lots of food and drink too.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business