“possible bedbugs”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
maryland
“possible bedbugs”
Reviewed 13 August 2007

Stayed in the hotel July 4 -7, 2007. Was somewhat okay with my stay until I realized that the mysterious bumps that had been showing up on my legs, face, chest area, and wrist for the last few weeks were not mosquito bites but actually bed bug bites (red welts). After my last bump outbreak I immediately went to my physician's office so he could see what was happening to my body. He informed me that it was not mosquitos or scabies but bed bug bites--I was mortified and frantic!! I had never heard of bed bugs. I informed him that I recently stayed at a hotel while visiting relatives. After consulting with my local pest control company (they inspected and found bed bugs in my room) and researching information about the problem on the internet it became quite clear that the infestation was highly likely due to my recent hotel stay and i could have transported them into my home via luggage or clothing. Yikes!! Keep in mind I'm not a traveler and this is the only unfamiliar place including hotels, motels, or SOMEONE ELSE'S HOME that I have visited in the last two years. So there is no other strange place that I have slept other than the bed at the hotel. Well, I contacted Management immediately after my diagnosis to inquire about other complaints they may have received regarding bed bugs from other visitors. Upon speaking to the General Manager, I explained the situation and that I had recently stayed in her hotel, her initial response was, "so why did it take you a couple of weeks to contact the hotel about the problem". I explained that for the last few weeks I attributed the bumps/bites to mosquitos and it wasn't until I went to the doctor's that I was informed it was bed bug bites. Keep in mind during the brief conversation, the Manager never apologized or was sympathetic in any way. Her only concern was that it took me so long to contact her hotel and I can't be sure that the bed bugs where due to my recent hotel visit. I said, I don't expect for the hotel to admit to bed bug infestation but I was calling merely as a courtesy to Management in that they may want to have the room I stayed in checked for bed bugs. At which time, the Manager still denied bed bug infestation of the hotel and it became apparent that my concerns where of no concern to her. Simply put --STAY AT THIS HOTEL AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! or at least do a thorough search of the room for possibly bed bugs. I sure wish I would have known about bed bugs before my visit.

• Liked — accessibility to I-95
  • Disliked — possibly bed bugs in rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank bedbugsnmaryland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
NYC
Reviewed 2 August 2007

My room was also overlooking the pool, but the guests were enjoying it and not loud at all.

Room AC and fridge worked well. Bed was comfy and in room coffee maker had nice range of choices. Bfast buffet consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage links, bacon, home fries and alternating days of pancakes and french toast, and it was good. Computer room allowed email access and color printer/fax. Easy to print maps and driving directions. Staff was accommodating and friendly.

Was easy to find coming off of I-95, as there are not many 5 story buildings in area. Numerous restaurants in area and Ripken complex about a 5 min drive on other side of I-95. I drooled at the place, especially the kids stadium...... wished I was a kid again.

Area has a Golden Corral buffet place, 10 min drive away. That place is great. Ask for directions at front desk.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
West Virginia
Reviewed 9 July 2007

Room was located over pool area and loud people were in the pool till 10pm at night. vulgar language from guest and running and yelling down the halls till all hours of the night. room was damp and musty when we arrived and had a terrible smell to it. I couldnt beleave it. I had to purchase air sanitizer to make it a little more acceptable for the first night.

The second night I stayed with family the room was just too bad to stay in. Lamps had cob webs on them and windows were filthy. I will never trust this type of booking again.

In room movies did not work. ceiling had large bubble in it we were afraid it was going to begin leaking at any point.

I feel My money was wasted I feel I should receive a refund for the room.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Smell
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bluemoonWestVirginia
Virginia
Reviewed 9 May 2007

We paid $114 per night. Terrible customer service. Poor problem solving skills. Holes on the wall. AC was not working. Front desk won't let switch to the other room. Bathroom was leaking which took them forever to fit it. I hope other holiday inns are better than this one. Commercial lies about this hotel chain.
I rather pay $20 more for better service hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank autotu
Montreal, QC
Reviewed 26 March 2007

We stayed here one night in Feb. on our way home from FL.

Good sized hotel, very accomodating staff. Good sized rooms with very comfortable bed. BTW - they honor discount coupons obtained in books available anywhere along the I95.

We encountered a small problem with our TV but when informed, the staff immediately fixed the problem to our satisfaction.

The in-house restaurant offered a good choice of items with a very helpful staff. In the morning they offer a complete hot breakfast, which was the best of all our hotel stays during this current trip.

jet29

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank jet029
warwick, NY
Reviewed 24 April 2006

Driving from Florida to NY in the pouring rain at night this hotel was a godsend for a last minute check in. The staff could not have been nicer. Our problem was we had a dog with us and this Holiday Inn is pet friendly. Yes the elevator is slow and dingy, and they are still renovating, though our room ahd 2 comfortable beds and a new granite bathroom countertop. We did think there had been a fire in the hotel at one point, you could smell it a bit, but the beds were comfy and clean and they let our dog in.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank Krelly
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 12 September 2005

This hotel was nothing special... The lobby is quite nice and the staff was very friendly... Although, upon check in, a gentleman was asking to speak with a manager because a wedding card with cash was missing from his room. On our way to our room, we noticed that the elevator was extremely slow - we actualy wondered if we were stuck! A sign was hanging in the elevator that apologized for the mess during renovations. The hallway was pretty dingy and old smelling... The room wasn't much better - the decor was really outdated and borderline gross. The bed and bathroom seemed clean enough - sometimes old materials just look dirty. This review is coming from a self-proclaimed hotel snob... Overall it was just okay, but don't expect anything out of the ordinary...

• Stayed September 2005