“A decent stay...but I expected more.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Aberdeen-APG

La Quinta Inn & Suites Aberdeen-APG
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Aberdeen
Madison, Virginia
“A decent stay...but I expected more.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in a variety of LQs over the past few years. While this one had far and away the best breakfast of any, my overall experience was just ok.

I'd requested a handicapped king. While I do not require a roll-in shower, there were NO GRAB BARS for the bath tub NOR the ADA toilet! This is a major safety issue for me, as I fell getting out of a tub over a year ago, and as my arthritis has gotten worse, my safety concerns have increased.

Bed was comfy, nice flat-screen tv. Pillows were "bouncy," but I bring my own.

Funky layout...very small lobby, with stairs to the elevator, but you drive around to the back to park to be on the room level and access the elevator.

I was told that they plan to remodel soon. Oh, nice front desk staff.

Overall, a somewhat disappointing stay.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Suziewrite

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
North Myrtle Beach, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

My wife and I and our yellow lab stayed here twice in the past week--on our way to New England and then back home. The room was spotless and quiet, the bed very comfortable. They were accomodating of our dog when I asked for a room on the ground floor near but not immediately next to an entrance. The rate, booked on LQ website, was very fair. Breakfast was nice. Will definitely make this LQ a regular stop when we travel back and forth.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Andy132
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

I stayed during the mid-week, so there were not too many guests (30% capacity???). I would like to address some of the comments left by the other reviewers and add some of my own observations.
-I had not problems with the WIFI speeds. The reason is probably because of the hotel capacity. With less people, less sharing of the limited data rate. I did not try connecting through an ethernet port.
-I could not get the shower water hot enough for my preference. Either they have a limit on the hot water, or it was used up. If it is the later, I imagine when there are more guests, the water temperature would be a problem
- The AC worked well
-The room was clean, but definitely some old furnishing.
- I did see painted over water stains (mentioned by some an older review) on the ceiling in my room.
-The hot breakfast in the mornings during my stay were excellent.
- USA Today newspapers are not delivered to your door. Though, you can pick up a copy by the complimentary coffee.
-The people managing the front desks are friendly and polite.
-There is no elevator to the second floor
-Some of the exercise equipment is broken or in poor condition (e.g., elliptical)

In short, this is an average 2 star hotel and is definitely not 3 star quality. I think other than the hot breakfast, there are no real differences between a Days Inn or similar quality hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank A_Flying_Panda
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

Overall if you are passing through and need a good night's sleep this hotel is a good choice. Everything was clean and kept well but a little old. Breakfast had all the usual ingredients you would expect for free continental breakfast but the appliances were old and functioning poorly. Also both the breakfast area and the rooms had a heavy use of extension chords. The fire department should really do an inspection here for safety.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Philip L
Delta Junction, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Rooms aren't bad - average.... but the hotel has thin walls so the noise from dozens of shrieking sports teams is noticeable. Wifi reception is terrible though they do have ethernet ports with good speed. Not a lot of power outlets either. Comfortable bed. Small bathrooms though they are acceptable.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MichaelN1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Comfort Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
#5 of 17 in Aberdeen
Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Aberdeen-APG? Share your experiences!