“Seen better days.”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Chapel Hill Nc
“Seen better days.”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This hotel is in need of a bit of sprucing up. The public areas were not as clean as I've seen in other hotels in the chain. There was a musty odor in the corridors also. In the room itself the mini fridge did not work at all and leaked water onto the carpeting as I investigated the cause. In the end I didn't even bother with it. There was not a single parking space available on the back side of the hotel! Not one!

On the plus side the woman tending the breakfast area was pleasant and super helpful,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Our stay was outstanding, it was better than the Sheraton Hotel that we spent 11 days in and much more money. We will recommend La Quinta Inn to friends and family. We received more for our money and only stayed one night. We give u 5 because you are worth it. You staff bought a smile to our face. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ridgefield, CT
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I rarely write a negative review, but this place is tough to recommend. I guess if you're on a VERY tight budget and you get a great deal, it's worth it. My son's teammates for our Ripken baseball event stayed "on campus" at the Marriott, and by staying here at La Quinta two nights I saved quite a bit over what they paid. But I would have rather saved less and stayed at one of the MANY other hotels right here near this La Quinta.

This is the first time Priceline steered me wrong. They usually have La Quinta as a 2* hotel, but this time it came up as 2.5*. There is no way this place belongs with Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn, and Marriott Springhill Suites.

Negative:

There is a horrible cleaning chemical odor everywhere.

The wifi is slow to unusable in the rooms (lobby and restaurant has a better signal).

The beds are small -- double beds, not queens (in rooms with 2 beds).

Breakfast is very lame (fake orange juice), but at least it's included. Some places give you nothing.

Finally, and most important, there is a grimy, edgy feel to the place: The room carpeting felt greasy even with socks on -- I had to wear Sandals. There was always someone standing just outside the back door smoking (sometimes first thing in the morning in a bathrobe); The back door doesn't lock despite the card reader and a sign saying that it's locked for guests' security; Everyone I encountered in the hallway had a torn open, half full box of cheap beer, like Bud Light for example (cans, of course). I don't want to offend anyone and I have no issue with any one of these items, but all at the same time left me with a negative impression.

Positive:

Decent rooms overall, nice TVs, microwave and large refrigerator.

Very nice staff.

Very convenient location right off the highway.

Price.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Havre De Grace
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Was recently here and found the staff especially the hotel manager quite rude and I never seen such discourtesy in my life! Sorry, but I will stay someplace else as I made a poor choice selecting this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
NY
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We spent the weekend here for the Ripken Chesapeake Classic baseball tournament. The hotel is literally five minutes away from the field so location is excellent. It is located near all facilities: gas, 7-11, grocery store, fast food, etc.

There was an initial odor when entering the hotel and our room had a musky scent. We weren't aware before going that this place is 'pet friendly' and the odors we smelled confirmed that. Not sure how to put this into words but it had an overall 'seedy' feel to it. I WILL say that the room was clean. Bathroom was clean. Room had a working fridge and microwave. My son noted a hole in the comforter. A/C worked well. Beds were a little uncomfortable. We never used the pool since our friends stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and their indoor pool was nice.

Breakfast was the typical low grade fare. Horrible pastries and tasteless bagels; juice from the machine which is too sweet to drink; eggs sitting in liquid; toaster that takes an hour to toast bread (I'm sure you get the picture); waffle batter with an 'off taste'.

Second floor ice machine wasn't working. Wi Fi worked fine. They have washer/dryers.

The front office staff, however, was very nice and accommodating. The gave us a delayed check out for the tourney. Overall, the rating could be lower than a 3 but I can't really say the hotel was 'poor'. If you need a cheap flop and a budget price, I guess this is OK. If I came back, I'd stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Avoid Turtles unless you want the sports bar for drinking. Food was less than good for a high price.

Room Tip: Second floor is probably quieter. No good views since it is on a busy road.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I'm puzzled by the negative reviews. Our experience was all positive. Our room was clean and spacious. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was good and plentiful. The pool was refreshing. We even made a picnic lunch under the umbrella with salad fixings from nearby Target. The price was modest. We were on the road on a speaking tour and felt we caught up with ourselves at this convenient and pleasant La Quinta Inn..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I booked our stay through AARP. After battling though 95N traffic all day - we just wanted a quiet and comfortable stay. It was anything but.
It took over 20 minutes to check in with a very flustered receptionist who gave away our reserved ground floor room to a walk-in with a rest stop coupon. She had told the couple in front of me that she had no ground floor rooms available - then after playing with the computer, she said she could switch rooms with someone who hadn't checked in. As I was next - I said to her; "You just gave away my room, didn't you?" She rolled her eyes and offered me the "pet room" on the first floor as she had no other availability. No thanks.
The second floor room was adequate. The smell of disinfectant was overwhelming and the stairway and hall were dark and dirty. The walls are paper thin and we could hear the ball game on TV in the next room.
We did have a great dinner at the Greene Turtle across the road - there is no restaurant in the motel.
The next morning - we had no hot water.
I went to the front desk and waited for the receptionist to show up. She finally ambled in after about 10 minutes and told me she had left to get a snack. I told her that we had had a terrible stay. She said she was sorry and then answered the phone and never made eye contact with me again. I waited for a bit and then left.
We didn't stay for the "hot breakfast"

Room Tip: There are many other places to stay in Aberdeen. Do not stay here!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple