“Adequate stay”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Denville, New Jersey
“Adequate stay”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed here for one night and found the hotel to have all the basics. The included breakfast was okay, and the room size was adequate. Appreciated the free wifi. Various restaurants located nearby. A couple of quibbles: the "hot" water was really more like warm water, and the mattress was a bit hard. But, all in all, my spouse and I slept comfortably.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank unicorn3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Maine
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed there in june and i was wondering why i was getting a headache and a scratchy thoat i happened to go turn the A/C down and happend to look up and all i saw was mold covering the whole part at the top of the curtain and it was coming down the wall next to it and it was starting to grow on the top of the ceiling the mold had green fuzy stuff to. I told the manager on duty they bgave me my money back and changed my room. I woild've left but it was 10pm at night and after driving 12 plkus hours i was tired. Other then that the room was ok and the bed was ok to. at least this room that i was changed to the A/C was very quite and the frig to.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
lq6163GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Aberdeen-APG, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Truly sorry for the experience in our hotel. I am pleased that the front desk accommodated you in a different room, and I am glad you were satisfied. IT is not the trend in our hotel. My apologies
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

An older property that was once a Quality Inn. Large former restaurant is now the breakfast room. Property interior condition is low average. Fully equipped fitness center on 2nd floor but all cardio machines are broken. Only the weight stack works. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed October 2013
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We like La Quinta because we travel with two smaller dogs and they are allowed. None are fancy, but most are more than fine for a night. Aberdeen is the exception.

We arrived in the rain and the parking lot near our room entrance was flooded by morning. The interior is in serious need of upgrading and repair. Wall paper coming off, wood separating on the door bottoms and on and on. There were signs that something was being done, and I hope that is the case. With proper upkeep this would be a fine La Quinta. But its not there yet.

On the positive side, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast was typical which was fine and the staff was pleasant.

As it is we would not stay there again. Its far below La Quinta standards.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Used my free points for stay with cat and dog. This is supposedly Handicap Room but no parking at this door and they are patching a hole in the hallway floor with a fan cord blocking the hall that is not even taped down. Also the security doors are propped open with rocks. When you take the rock out it magically reappears in place. Bring a flash light with you or park in backwards because the lights are out too. Can't wait for free breakfast but there are lots of other places around here if it is a disappointment too.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
lq6163GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Aberdeen-APG, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
I thank you for voicing your concerns regarding the stay. During your stay the hotel was installing a new pipe in the corner of the hotel. THis job is now over, all ready and improved. Sorry for the oversight regarding the cord
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

This place is in bad need of renovation. There is no reason to go into all the things wrong. Let's just say they are many and varied. I made a big mistake. I didn't look into trip advisor before my wife booked, if I had we would not have stayed here.
Try other hotel across the street.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
So sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are here to hear and and accommodate all our guests.
Please call us.
Point Pleasant, West Virginia
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed at the La Quinta, Aberdeen Maryland for one evening. Upon check in, i gave the front desk clerk my credit card. That was August 14, 2013. Since that date, La Quinta in Aberdeen, Marland, has used my credit card on four separate occassions to pay for rooms for someone OTHER than me. My credit card/deit card has been wrongly used by the hotel staff four differnt times fora toatal of $250.16. Is this legal?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
I am so sorry to hear about the incident. It was an error, and not malice. I do know that the issues were corrected immediately and never repeated. I can understand the frustration, but I assure you this is not a norm at our hotel.