“Sweet Alpacas and Shopping Too”

Sugarloaf Alpaca Company
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sweet Alpacas and Shopping Too”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was a great "off the beaten path" place to visit. They have over 130 Alpacas on the farm and I was able to feed some of them (For FREE)! They had 3 babies that were new-born in the past week that we could see up close. The alpacas are soooo cute and soft. They also have a spinning mill that takes the alpaca fleeces and turns them into beautiful yarns that they sell in their Alpaca Shoppe and Fiber Studio. Because I went during the week (on a Thursday) and the mill was in operation, I was not able to get a full tour of that but they said that they can offer those tours on the weekends when the equipment is not running. I'm a knitter and their yarns that they make are just gorgeous!!! They also have clothing and accessories in their Shoppe too. I picked up a few unique Christmas gifts while I was there (I cannot reveal those online in case my family reads this). "Yay Me!" for getting some of my shopping done early!

Visited May 2014