“Poor Managment!!!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Annapolis Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Annapolis Boutique Spa is located in lovely West Annapolis behind the Grauls Supermarket. Plenty of street parking and a parking lot for your convenience.Not only do we offer relaxation through massages, facials, body wraps, body waxing, hair & nails but acupuncture, permanent make up, teeth whitening and much more. A very friendly group of true caregivers.Our month to month memberships allow for a great selection of services at a great savings of $65 reg $90-$125. No long term contract. Family & friends can enjoy the same value. Can be gifted as well.
Reviewed 24 February 2008

What a disppointment! I went with friends for a spa getaway weekend to celebrate my friend's birthday. From the minute we stepped into Annapolis Day Spa, we should have known how poorly managed this spa is. We arrived the requested 15 minutes early for our appointments so we could fill out paperwork. We waited and waited...finally 15 minutes after our scheduled appointment time, I went into my massage room. My 30-minute massage was great, but my 30-minute facial was 15 minutes...too fast and certainly not worth the money. Additionally, my "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" package was supposed to include wine and cheese. It was advertised in their brochure and on the website. However, they were out. After my friends and I compared stories, we called the spa to complain. Management was out for the day. After talking with staff members, we decided it was best to further our discussion with the owner.

The following morning, my friend called the owner of the spa...who, in a nutshell, didn't give her the time of day. The owner said she couldn't compensate us and had excuses for each complaint we had. For instance, wine and cheese isn't always offered. They offer whatever is on hand that day. (For the record, they had leftover Valentine cookies and water; even that wasn't offered to me.) It was clear from her poor excuses that the mismanagement at this spa was clearly the result of the owner's lack of business skills. It's amazing this woman is a business owner and I will never recommend this spa or go back to this spa again. I feel sorry for her employees, who are left to defend themselves instead of being guided by an operations manager.

Hours later, after we told the owner we were going to complain to the Better Business Bureau, the owner refunded me my money. My suggestion is this: from the get-go the customer is right and the owner should value each customer. Reputations are priceless!!!

5  Thank tandn814

Reviewed 20 February 2008

My friends & I booked spa services at Annapolis Day Spa (2/17/08). I was scheduled for a 1hr Thermal Stone Massage, as was one of my friends. Upon entering my room, the massage therapist, Valerie, asked if I still wanted a stone massage since it was hot in the room. I thought this was a weird question, but confirmed I did. She then told me that although it's a stone massage, she uses her hands more. She put stones under my back, 1 in each hand & 1 on my stomach. She only used the stones to massage part of my back, otherwise she used her hands. After it was finished, my friends & I compared stories. I realized that my experience was VASTLY different from my friend's. Her experience included having stones b/n her toes, on her face & the stones were used to massage her whole body. Her therapist removed 1 of the 2 towels under her back once the stones started to cool so she could still feel the heat. My experience didn’t include any of that. Although we arrived 15 mins early, they took us back 15 mins late. My other friend was scheduled to have a 1/2 hr facial & a 1/2 hr massage, but was out of the room in 45 mins, nor did she receive the wine and cheese outlined in the package she bought. I called to speak with a manager, but there was no manager on duty. Lisa, the receptionist, said she couldn't help me, but to please hold. She put Valerie on the phone with me to discuss the issues! I thought that was VERY inappropriate. It put us in an awkward position. She apologized that my experience didn’t mirror my friend’s, but said although they are trained the same, each therapist has their own technique. I felt that I didn’t receive a proper stone massage. Valerie brought up a bottle of wine, again, a place with better management would not have made her do. She said that they didn’t have any cheese/crackers to provide. Our friend wasn’t told this at all during her services & had they looked ahead at their appointments, they would’ve seen they needed to make it available for this appointment. The next day our other friend was FINALLY able to track down the owner, who then proceeded to talk down to my friend & not offer to compensate either of us until she 1st talked to her staff. She insinuated that our friend was lying and over-exaggerating the story. The owner was very unprofessional, but did finally credit our 1 friend's credit card. Although the Lowe's hotel was great, we will NOT be going back there for a girls' spa getaway.

4  Thank CristiJ