“Worse hotel ever!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worse hotel ever!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I recently booked a stay at the Village Inn through Booking.com for a wedding and was unable to attend due to a broken foot. After speaking with Booking.com, I was informed I had to pay for the room. This was not the issue!! After speaking with Booking.com to change the credit card I was going to be charged for my stay, Village Inn charged the wrong card anyway. After speaking with Nick the manager, I contacted Booking.com AGAIN, to have the same card faxed over for AGAIN. Booking.com confirmed that this was done both times.They still managed to charge the wrong card. I've never dealt with such incompetence over a simple matter.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank GregRich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
St. Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Location was convenient and price reasonable for the area. Room was clean, bed reasonably comfortable and check-in staff OK. However, the grounds are stark and the hotel itself a relic of another era. The building could best be described as "tired." They did not have our on-line reservation, although they did provide a room. The shower did not work properly. Even though the motel was only half full, a frightening looking fellow pounded on our door at 11:15 AM reminding us we had to check out. I would stay here again only as a last resort.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Ninjaneer1

Travellers are raving about these Annapolis hotels

Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

I called and made a reservation several days before I arrived. The person I spoke to on the phone sounded Indian and acted like he couldn't get off the phone fast enough. When I inquired about the rate I was told the rate was $60.00 for a single and it would be more for a double. I told him I only needed a single and he took my name. When I arrived I was told that I had no reservation and that the rate would be $79.00. I explained to him that I had called and made a reservation (I am sure he is the same one I talked to on the phone!!!) and was told that the rate would be $60.00. He said he would have to call the manager and get back to me. After he made the call he came back and told me that the only reservation they had for was for someone else, not me. Mind you he showed me his reservation information, it was simply a name and date on an INDEX CARD!!! When it was all said and done they would not honor the $60.00, so I left!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank mplsings
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

Ok to stay for one night. Very basic, shabby yet clean bathroom and sheets in this place.
Carpet remembered WWII I guess...

• Stayed May 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mikeangelo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2009

For the last 10 yrs I have been going to Annapolis for the Sail Boat show and we look for rooms when we get there, this time we checked about 5 hotels and all the prices were ranging from $175 to $325 per night and we wanted to stay for about 4 days. I decided that this year I will not pay the high price and find thrifty hotel to stay. So after going from hotel to hotel we stopped at the Village Inn and price given to us was perfect so we thought that there has to be a catch. The front desk clerk gave us a key to take a look at a room and we were shocked at the cleanness and the size of the room huge room and that with wifi. We saved a bundle. Trust me I have stayed at many hotels in Annapolis and this one I will make my permanent hotel when I go to Annapolis.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank lukeskywalker1
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2009

After reading some other reviews we did not expect much. Very pleasantly surprised!! Least expensive in area. Incredibly courteous service. (Suggested a diner that was nearby -Double T - that was fabulous) Were repainting outside while we were there. (New mgmt maybe?) Power washed the walks daily. More features than Super 8 next door. Half price of other two choices. Refrig and microwave in room perfect for traveler looking for inexpensive get-away with easy access to sites. On-site Laundry at $1.50 a load (worth the trip just for that ;) We were too lazy to walk to lobby for AM coffee, so we brought our own coffeemaker. Got room in back and it was quiet.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hollygPa
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

This motel is old and shabby, but the rooms were clean, it was conveniently located minutes away from downtown Annapolis, the staff was friendly, and the coffee was actually decent.

My partner, daughter, and I decided to stay here for a wedding because all of the other hotels in Annapolis seemed ridiculously expensive. We rented a king-size, non-smoking room. We learned before we came that there were no cots at the hotel, so we brought an air mattress for my daughter.

The staff was friendly, although they spoke very little English, so don't expect to get any directions or tips on things to see in Annapolis.

The room was big, with a mini-fridge, microwave, and tv. Although it was old and a bit worn, it was clean and smelled good.

Basic breakfast was available in the morning, with decent coffee and danishes.

All rooms have free wireless, which was a plus. We travel a lot and have stayed in several Marriotts and nicer hotels which have charged a fee for internet.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family