“Best Bang for my money in these tough times”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Village Inn
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 20 May 2009

After a long day in the car with the kids we had our reservation for the village Inn and upon checking in the front desk staff was so helpful in telling us about the best restaurants to have a great dinner for us and also where the kids will like it also. The room was nice and clean as they looked at recently renovated. I was pleased with the 25" TV and the big rooms. Next time if I am in the area I will stay here again. Thanks for all your help.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank mrbargan

Reviewed 20 April 2009

On Orbitz this place looked nice. Looked like a little cottage. Had a later check out time 12pm we liked that. What a joke!!!!! I saw a sign that said check out time 11am So i asked what time it really was they said 11am I left him know the internet says 12pm he said no I said yes it was a lie just like everything else on the web site. The place smelled Awful we had to spray the room with my husband's colonge. If thats not bad enough I walked in the bathroom and there was dried pee on the toilet and hair also, hair in the sink. There were burn holes in the pillow cases and we were in non-smoking there were ashes all over the nite stand when we turned the air on junk started flying in the air. My husband tried to heat something up in the microwave it started sparking and smoking! It was awful we invited friends and made the reservations without them, thinking we picked a nice place. PLEASE STAY AWAY THIS PLACE IS A DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Buckaroo127
Reviewed 10 August 2008

I wanted a cheap hotel and did not need to be in downtown Annapolis. The Village Inn is old and and a bit rundown, but the room was clean. The sheets on the comfortably firm king size bed were clean and the pillows large and soft. We had two complete sets of towels - bath, hand, and washcloth. The bathtub was patched with Bondo, but solid, although water leaked out from the curtain onto the floor during the shower. It came with soap, shampoo and lotion, although the brands were from other hotels, which was funny. There was cable TV with about 30 stations and a remote control. The alarm clock worked, and there were vending and ice machines. We parked right outside the room and the highway access was easy.
Biggest issue - the AC caused the old metal roof to expand and the cracks were loud enough to wake us up - but we went right back to sleep. In fact, I slept better and longer here than I often do at home.
If you need a cheap place with no frills and plan to spend your day out and about, this is fine. You cannot walk anywhere, but the price beat everything else, and the staff were polite on the phone and in person. In similar circumstances, I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank KitCatNJ
Reviewed 19 June 2006

After traveling for 5 hrs by car to Annapolis I was looking forward to a rest & a shower. I had reserved the Village Inn through Orbitz and they listed it as a 2 star - Unfortunatly there was nothing else available and at $140.00 Per night I thought, "How bad could it be? Well it couldn't have gotten any worse. First when I pulled up, I was a little taken back by the apearance of the place and some people drinking beer by their motel room door and seated on some old couch, like a recliner. I was so tires I just prayed it would get better when I opened the door. I didn't expect a 5 star but this was hardly a 0 star never mind the 2 star Orbitz listed it was. Carpets looked very worn, no pile at all. old beat up furniture bathroom looked ok and when I opened the bed it too looked ok, but there was a horrible smell in the room so I just used my perfume to block out the smell and decided to make the best of it since , we hadn't found anything else available when I was looking on line so...I took a shower only to find that the 2 towels in the bathroom were actually hand towels & not bath towels, well again I made due. went to bed to rest and took a nap only to wake up 2 hrs later itching all over my legs and ankles. My husband complained of itching as well yet we detected no bites on him but since I get an allergic reaction from muskito bites or any other insects I could definately noticed several bumps on my upper thighs and ankles. We got up and left for dinner and stoped at the check in hut not attached to the motel and the light was on but no one seemed to be there, no one at the counter, so we just proceeded to dinner, which again could not enjoy since I could not bare the itching.

I didn't want to go back to that place, the thought of going there to sleep just made me ill. I would have prefered to sleep in my car.

We proceeded to look for another hotel. Stoped at the Sheraton Annapolis where Andy at the front desk was very helpful and assisted us in finding another place to sleep since the Sheraton Annapolis was also booked up.

After a great night sleep we retuned to the Motel from hell to return my key and spoke to a gentleman at the desk and explained what happened and showed him a copy of my receipt for the place we did stayed in. Offered to give him a copy and to show him my bites , he said that would not be necesary. He told me he would talk to the manager, took my cell number and said he would call me back, this was Sunday 11 AM, no one ever called me. Monday at 3:00PM I contacted them again , yet to be told that I was speaking to the manager and that they paid an exterminator $200 the day after I left to just come in and inspect the room and nothing was found. Hummm, never heard of an exterminator charging that amount of money for just an inspection, could it be that the charge was for the extermination of the the room that was infested with fleas? You come to your own conclution!

25  Thank Hellojustme