“Private and Romantic”

Ranked #5 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Bucks County, PA
“Private and Romantic”
Reviewed 2 September 2006

Graham and Bob were gracious. We were able to let ourselves in and out of the house at our leisure. We were making the most of the weekend and stayed out late night. We love to walk and were able to walk to the nearby State House and the Waterfront. Short walk to Naval Academy. Our hosts were unobtrusive, but available. Dog was there, but didn't bother with us (I'm not a dog person.) The grounds were lovely and well maintained.

I have a finicky diet, but am used to finding something I'll eat. On our last day, Graham had noticed and asked for my favorite breakfasts. He made one for me. He also remembered that I only drink diet coke in the morning and had it at my place.

We stayed in the Queen Anne. During the day, our hosts replenished to fireplace logs and the bath salts. It was our first romantic weekend together and we remember it fondly.

• Liked — Privacy
  • Tips/Secrets — Candelight tour weekend in annapolis is a great time to visit
  • Stayed November 2003, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
usa
Reviewed 15 August 2006

Not a place I would stay at again. Graham and Bob seem sincere and both seem to try, but our stay was uncomfortable…

Our room (the Crow's Nest) wasn’t ready when we arrived, and when it was finally declared ‘ready’ (an hour after check-in) it wasn’t that clean. Pubic hairs in our room/bathroom and on the linens grossed me out. My wife felt like she was showering in a public bathroom.

It would have been nice to know in advance that a large Rottweiler roams the house, stands by your bedroom door, jumps on you in the halls, and begs from the breakfast table… especially considering that my wife is petrified of large dogs. The house had a general dog-smell, which I guess is ok if you’re a dog person, be we aren’t. Pealing wallpaper in our bathroom, and remodeling/repainting in the common areas were both eyesores… I guess I was expecting a classier place.

We requested water in our room/fridge (I don’t drink soda which they supplied), but it never came, and we ended up drinking chlorine-saturated tap water.

After some confusion surrounding our reservations, I asked for the 10% discount advertised on purpleroofs dot com (without restrictions), and Graham said he’d be glad to give it to me, but then he didn’t at checkout. So I asked for it again, and he gave it to us begrudgingly, saying something about not usually giving it to guests who stay less than 3 days, although there was nothing about that stipulation on any websites we visited.

A few positives… The mattress was comfortable, the breakfast was ok, the AC was cold and refreshing, and it was nice to have off-street parking.

• Liked — The AC
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank blahblayblay
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 October 2004

We stayed in the Admiral's room at Two-O-One Bed and Breakfast in October 2004. The owners were gracious and welcoming. The entire home was clean. The bathroom was recently remodeled. (In my opinion, antique fixtures are nice to look at, but modern is often better functioning.) The bed was VERY comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and filling. I especially enjoyed the tea warmer - a full hour of delightful tea while reading the paper! The owner's also have a fabulous collection of movies; I enjoyed watching Breakfast at Tiffany's, again. If we return to Annapolis, I'll definitely stay at this B&B again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member