“A decent place but needs a makeover.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A decent place but needs a makeover.”
Reviewed 24 October 2009

We arrived here on a very wet evening and it was late. The man in the office booked us in with no problems at all. The area was fairly quiet. It was good value for money but the place is tired out and needs a makeover and modernising. We only stayed the one night. We made use of the free breakfast in the office area and took that book to our room to eat, there being nowhere as such to eat it in the small office, but that wasn't a problem. The guys were pleasant and the free wi-fi worked a treat.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NelsonTouch7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 November 2005

I've stayed at this establishment problem free a few months prior to this visit. I'm sorry I can't say the same for my recent stay. The first room I was given, I walk into the bed not made and the radio on. Upon my return to the front desk, I did get a sincere, embarrassed apology and promptly given another room. However, we go to the next room and the door seems as if someone had previously jarred open the door jam. We had difficulty locking and securely shutting the door. The water temperature sporadically changes when taking a shower, leaving me hopping in and out of it to avoid getting burned. Upon check out the next day, no one seemed concerned with my disappointment or problems and only offered a, "What do you want me to do about it?". There must have been some confusion and lack of communication involving the extra money paid for a later check out due to a conflicting schedule because I was given an abrupt warning to either pay an entire fee for the next day or the cops would be called. I was never so insulted or felt harassed in my entire life. Perhaps we should call the "Courteous Cops" for some pleasant attitude training? Or maybe, this hotel was just having one bad day.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed 3 August 2005

I stay at this hotel frequently for work-related travel. This is a basic, grass-roots hotel that does not offer any added attractions Staff is courteous and problems are resolved quickly. I stayed there several weeks ago during a tremendous thunderstorm that knocked out the power for approximately 18 hours. This was not the hotel's fault, but they really need a generator back up system. Room became pretty uncomfortable during the power outage. Hotel did give me a $10 refund for inconvenience. Room price was only $58.50. I always get a good night's sleep here.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business