“Best Spot in Annapolis”

Ranked #11 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Camden, United States
“Best Spot in Annapolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

The State House Inn exceeded everything that I expected for such a low price room. Truly an unbeatable price for a place right in historic Annapolis! I highly recommend for anyone who wants a great room in the heart of downtown, without busting their budget. The building is old, and I've seen that some reviews criticize the place as being "poorly maintained". However, I saw nothing in the building that was as egregious as some critics cry. The place was generally clean, and nicely decorated. In my opinion, you get a good room, at an amazing rate, with friendly service that is willing to help. I am more than willing to overlook a small carpet stain from wine, or a having to call for an extra roll of toilette paper for the price and location. If you want a picture perfect sterile hotel room, go pay the fortune and stay at some hotel chain. For me, I wanted a good place to stay without busting my budget or worry about driving. Great service and a great place to stay!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

I surprised my husband for his birthday with a night stay in Annapolis at the State House Inn. We had such a lovely time. We dined at their restaurant, Piccola Roma, and had the best meal, and were even greeted by the owner. What nice birthday surprise. We would definitely come back to the State House Inn, the next time we are in Annapolis.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

This was to be a special girls get away week end. No one was on site so when we went to our room and found some one had used the toilet and not flushed, the carpet was stained, mold was growing around tub and one window had no blinds there wasn't anyone to go to. Called the numbers in the book and 3, including the owner, were incorrect. Left messages on one and he showed 2 hours later. We had already picked another room. Not much better. Big Navy game that week end and every place was booked but lots of empty rooms here. They need to wise up because they are in a great location. Had to find supply closet ourselves to get extra toilet paper too. Greatest part Piccolo Roma. Excellent food.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathy R
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

First let me start off by saying this was suppose to be a special night for us it was our wedding night and we will never be able to get that back, when we arrived we were not given the room that we chose when we booked our stay, the room was not very clean, the carpet was stained and dirty, the jacuzzi tub was full of hair in which I had to clean myself to even consider using it. We were left with a empty toliet paper roll and there were no other rolls left in the room to be replaced. My husband had to go into another unoccupied room to get a new roll. One of the lamps in the room was broke, the back of the TV remote was broke as well. Just to let everyone know this is NOT a bed and breakfast. I figured for 305.10 a night we would have expected much more.

Room Tip: This is not a bed and breakfast!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

The State House Inn was in the perfect location, right in the heart of Annapolis. It is stunning from the outside, great views, with restaurants right across the street. It was easy to check in and the guy was nice enough to give us our key early and bring our bags up to our room while we shopped since we arrived before check-in. However, for the price, I was sorely disappointed in our room. I expected old, no clean lines, etc. as this place is an old house with a B&B type feel. My husband and I are fine with that. However our king bed was completely lopsided, the right side hung down about 6-10 inches lower than the left side. There were stains on the carpet, hairs leftover from the last guests and the headboard was almost detached from the bed. The worst part was the shower head was broken, so you had to hold it while you showered. Definitely did not expect that after paying $300 for the room. It's unfortunate because the place seems and is so lovely, however my husband and I won't stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim S
Tyler
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

This was a definite downer. Horrible mattress and pillows. Bathroom was very old and in need of repairs to shower and toilet. TV required my maintence knowledge to fix and render useful. No ice upstairs. Dirty, stained carpets. I will say that I enjoyed the restaraunt food (Piccolo Roma). Location is a plus for the academy, but I expected more for a $280+ room. No on site parking, little space in each room, need to step into the hallway to change your mind.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else, unless you can get a killer rate.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael K
Mount Airy, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

My wife and I spent a night away from the kids to celebrate our anniversary and this was such a disappointment. We were greeted by a young man at about 5:30 this past Saturday (Aug 25, 2012) and were told where are room was, given a key, and our credit card was charged. He left shortly thereafter. We stayed in the King George Room on the 3rd floor. One of the first things we noticed walking into the room was the yellow bleach stains in the very old red carpeting and the general age of things. We weren't expecting modern, but at least from within the last decade and better maintained. The room was a decent size, but in dire need of an update. The pics speak for themselves. $215 was much too expensive for this quality of a room.

Pros: Location - right next to main street in Annapolis.
The outside is very charming

Cons: Just about everything else.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple