“Elegant and Charming Annapolis B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Annapolis
Chez Amis Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
“Elegant and Charming Annapolis B&B”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My husband and I had an exceptionally comfortable and lovely stay at the Chez Amis...of the numerous B&Bs we have stayed at this one is on our list of 'top favorites.' We were not only impressed with the B&Bs ideal location--views of the capitol dome from our room, the docks and the city's best restaurants within an easy two block's walk--but the elegance and charm created by Joe and Elly. True comfort, quiet location, and delightful breakfast and available complementary refreshments. A definite "yes" for our next trip to Annapolis and a recommendation to our friends.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My husband and I were blessed to stay at Chez Amis last June when we were in town for a friend's retirement from the Navy. What a wonderful place! We felt at home here and enjoyed some wonderful conversations with Elly and other guests. Perfect location to explore Annapolis, and Elly has spot-on recommendations for places to eat or to have other adventures. Expect we will return! An exceptional haven.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My husband surprised me with a trip to visit Annapolis for my birthday, last summer. We stayed in the Law Library room for two nights. It was our first time ever staying at a B&B and surprisingly, other guests were so happy to learn that. Overall, I was more than pleased with the experience because it was much more pleasant and personal than staying at a hotel (we usually stay at a Marriott). The location was perfect, just a quick walk to historic sites, the Navy Pier, and downtown Annapolis. The owners, Elly & Joe, have put lots of thought into details that make a stay away from home more comfortable. Chez Amis is very welcoming, cozy, and clean. I was worried about how the noise factor would be but it wasn't an issue. We enjoyed Elly's cooking and treats left for us each morning before we departed to explore the area. Hopefully we will be able to visit them again soon!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Oakland, California
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Recently, my wife and I stayed at Chez Amis in the Annapolis Room. We had a private bathroom with a claw-foot tub just down the hall. The room was spacious and had everything we needed for our stay. The toiletries in the bathroom were very nice. Elly, the innkeeper, was great! She cooked a very nice sunday breakfast and always kept the fridge full of beverages. Chez Amis is located just a few minutes walk from the City Dock and Downtown Annapolis, which makes it very easy to see all the sights and sounds of Annapolis.

As an added bonus, my wife and I were there as a baby-moon since we are expecting soon and Elly surprised us with our first baby gift, an Annapolis onsie! Anyways, this little gesture will always put Chez Amis at the top of our places to stay list.

Room Tip: Every room is great but the Annapolis Room is the only one a soaking tub.
Southern Maryland
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Elly is a wonderful host and Chez Amis is absolutely charming. It is comfortable, spotless, and is just a short walk to Market Square with many restaurants and shops and all the boating atmosphere that Annapolis offers. Would love to visit often.

Richard

Room Tip: If you wish to avoid lots of stairs, choose the Treaty of Paris room which is large and very comfort...
1 Thank tworetired
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 March 2013

My husband and I recently took a quick overnight trip to Annapolis just to get away from the daily grind. I found Chez Amis through Trip Advisor, and thanks to its phenomenal reviews, I booked it--and I am so glad I did! Elly and Joe provided such a wonderful getaway! We were the only guests for our stay since it was a Sunday night, so having the beautiful inn to ourselves was so much fun. Elly and Joe provided great recommendations for eating and shopping around town, and we ended up hanging out in the living room of the inn playing games for several hours before bed. Breakfast was a gourmet delight--so delicious (banana nut bread, fresh fruit and granola yogurt parfait, and peach stuffed french toast with turkey sausage)! The Inn itself was so comfortable and well-appointed. My husband and I stayed in the Law Library room, and really appreciated all the details throughout! And the house dog, Maggie, was so sweet and loveable!

It was hands down the best B&B my husband and I have ever been to, and we can't wait to come back! Thanks for a great experience Elly and Joe!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reading, PA
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We spent 2 nights in Annapolis in mid-February. Chez Amis was a great choice! Elly and Joe are very welcoming and make you feel like friends. Breakfast was fantastic, and it was so nice to have beverages available at all hours. Elly gave us great recommendations for restaurants and shopping, and even made reservations for us (which resulted in great service and a discount!). We stayed in the Annapolis Room, which was the only one available when we made reservations. It is more spacious than it appears in the picture on the website, and we found it to be very comfortable. The trip to the bathroom down the hall wasn't bad, although if you have trouble getting into and out of an elevated bathtub you may want to consider another room. We enjoyed sitting and reading in the common room, which is very cozy. Chez Amis is in a great location, and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. We will definitely stay at Chez Amis the next time we visit Annapolis.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Annapolis Room, which was the only one available when we made reservations. It is...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple