“Cozy inn in naptown”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Annapolis
“Cozy inn in naptown”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

There is no on site parking. However, there is a garage a few blocks away. The location is in a small quite town. Easy walking distance to boutique stores, a local theatre, and dining. While sleeping in the room, I could hear people outside talking, skateboarding, etc. Perhaps, they were leaving the downtown bars. The innkeeper has a fairly good size dog that will greet you at the door. We had a good hot breakfast although a little crowed for 8 at the dining table. My room was clean, and I would stay there again. I've stayed at lots of B&B's up and down the East Coast. Chez Amis was very comfortable and down to earth...a place to relax and enjoy the town. It's a nice change from traditional hotels.

Room Tip: A great place to stay during a Navy game or that boat show.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GuestAnnapolis
Elly T, Owner at Chez Amis Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
We’re glad you liked our cozy bed and breakfast right here in your home town of Historic Annapolis. Regarding parking, your stay here was via a gift certificate so perhaps you didn’t see our website that describes parking in the public garage just down the street and our 50% discount off that modest parking fee. Thanks for, on average, the 4 out of 5 stars for the TA sub-categories, we’ll assume the overall rating of 3 is a TripAdvisor programing anomaly. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was the first time my husband and I had ever stayed in a bed and breakfast and we were a bit hesitant but Chez Amis exceeded every expectation we could have had. It was extremely clean and struck the perfect balance of having all of the modern amenities but keeping the Annapolis charm. Elly was such a wonderful host - she was so welcoming and willing to help with anything we needed and WOW ... her breakfast cooking was amazing!! Chez Amis is in the perfect location to explore Annapolis and is within walking distance of absolutely everything, including great restaurants and shopping. Elly seems to have thought of everything to make people feel welcome - my husband and I shared our news that we were expecting and wanted to have a quiet getaway before the baby and when we came back that afternoon she had an adorable baby gift for us - so thoughtful! Seriously, Chez Amis is a must-stay if you are going to be in the Annapolis area - we sure hope to make it back there!!!

Channahon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about the Chez Amis B&B! Elly was a wonderful host. Her cooking was phenomenal; we very much looked forward to her breakfasts each morning and all the little details that made the meal above and beyond enjoyable. Beyond that, the room (Law Library) that we stayed in was clean and very comfortable. Elly went out of her way to make our stay special and we would highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a quiet, relaxing getaway to the beautiful town of Annapolis!

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

So I'm that guy that usually thinks BandB's are somewhat weird and would rather stay in a big hotel. HOWEVER-- I would come back here again and again. This is a GREAT stay. Wonderful husband and wife running it. Very welcoming. Very clean. Great breakfast. I left an item of clothing and the owner washed it and mailed it back to me within a week. Great location-- you can walk to all of the downtown restaurants. Also a lot of great amenities: soda, some beer, water, cookies, coffee, tea, board games and a really good selection of dvd's that we watched in bed that morning. Overall-- a great value and wonderful Inn.

Room Tip: The downstairs room (not sure what its called) is very roomy and very private.
Oakdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 October 2013

If you are like me, you spend time reading the reviews before booking a bed and breakfast. Chez Amis was truly a wonderful experience. Elly could not have been more welcoming. She made dinner reservations for us, and noticed that we enjoyed a glass of wine in the evenings so she had some cheese and crackers set out for us. We also enjoyed Maggie the dog - 'everyones dog', very friendly, and made herself comfortable when we relaxed in the living room area. She also greeted me in the morning (usually 6:00 am), as I made my way to the kitchen for a cup of keurig coffee. The location was spectacular. Easy walk to the water, restaurants, navy campus and football field. We really enjoyed our stay and plan on returning for a summer stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We escaped to this lovely B&B for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. The breakfast was delicious, the hosts -- including their dog -- were warm and welcoming and the room was clean and quaint. I would definitely recommend Chez Amis for anyone wanting to explore Annapolis!

Greencastle, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I spent two nights here for our tenth anniversary. I can't say enough about this adorable B&B. The innkeeper Elly is a fabulous host and her breakfasts are delicious! Her dog Maggie is a sweetheart. Be sure to say hello to her. We stayed in the State House room. The room was spacious and the bed is very comfortable. There are 2 sinks which makes getting ready with your husband easier. The shower is a little tight but adequate. Annapolis is great place to visit and Chez Amis is the place to stay!