“Perfect B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Annapolis
Chez Amis Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
College Park, Maryland
“Perfect B&B”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My fiance and I had never stayed at a B&B before, and this was a perfect first experience! Lovely hosts, great food, and a very comfortable and well-decorated room. We could not have hoped for a better weekend, and will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My daughter surprised me with a stay At Chez Amis for my birthday in January. It was a cold afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to find birthday greetings, confetti, fresh flowers, Bocelli and Grobin CD's were awaiting in my room with the spectacular view of the State Capital. I wished I could have stayed longer. The service, the ambiance, the food, the room, every detail of the Inn was warm, welcoming, cozy and fabulous. I love B&Bs and have stayed at Inns in Lancaster, Oxford, Niagara Falls, NC, SC, etc and this is the first Inn that I have visited that provided slippers and robes for the guests. Books, CD's, Maryland history, a theatre steps away, taverns, museums, shopping, the waterfront, so much to do and yet private if you just want to just get away and rest. You will love it, whether it is a day or a week, you have to visit Chez Amis. Elly is the perfect hostess with a charming personality and smile! And Maggie is friendly too!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LVBnB
Aberdeen, Maryland
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My husband and I were looking for a romantic setting to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. We had our sights set on Annapolis and were looking for somewhere to get off the grid and spend every moment of the weekend together. After reading many reviews we settled on Chez Amis and I am so very glad that we did. This B&B has a wonderful location just steps from the Maryland State House it is also very close to shopping, restaurants, and galleries. Not to mention your host, Elly is wonderful! She is so sweet and knowledgeable about the area. Also, she is an amazing cook! Breakfast was wonderful featuring both sweet and savory dishes- my favorite was an asparagus and egg frittata. Also, she always has a plate of cookies and a variety of beverages available to enjoy.

I must say, my favorite thing about Chez Amis was how comfortable it is. There is a lovely common room with comfy couches and plenty of games and reading materials. We just felt so at home lounging here and playing with the resident fur-ball Maggie. We spent our weekend coming and going, stepping out for a few hours to enjoy the art galleries and shops, then returning for some relaxation time. I have already recommended Chez Amis to friends seeking a lovely getaway. You will not be disappointed and, like us, you'll be planning your return to Chez Amis before you even check out.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the State House Room with amazing views, an en suite bathroom, two sinks, and a l...
1 Thank Natasia T
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to spend a night there to get out of DC for the weekend. The B&B is only a few minutes walking distance from the Naval Academy and most museums. Elly is a wonderful host, and cooks the best five-cheese omelet in Annapolis. All of the rooms are upstairs, and the downstairs is perfect for recharging before your next outing. My girlfriend is absolutely not a dog person, but though Maggie the dog was adorable (and more importantly quiet).

Would definitely recommend if you are looking for a place to stay near the harbor.

Room Tip: Our room did not have a private bathroom (was across the hall), but was never an issue during our st...
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I spent our Babymoon at Chez Amis and could not be more pleased with our stay. If you're impressed by little details, this place is for you. The moment we walked in from the frigid January evening air, we were immediately warmed by affection from Maggie, the B&B's house dog, and Elly, our innkeeper (as well as a steaming cup of cocoa, which is available anytime you want it, along with hot teas and coffees). Elly showed us to our room, where the first thing to grab my attention in the tastefully decorated Parisian-style room was a Dr. Seuss book wrapped with a "Baby" ribbon. If the hot cocoa and Maggie hadn't won me over yet, the thoughtful gift certainly did.

It just kept getting better. Elly arranged for a driver to come pick us up and take us to our dinner at O'Leary's. We came home from our delicious meal to yet another cup of cocoa and a yummy chocolate chip cookie (also available anytime you like, along with granola bars) and turned in for the night in our cozy king-sized beds. We awoke to the smell of fresh coffee and joined the other guest for breakfast in the dining nook. What a breakfast! Elly serves a lovely three-course meal and is happy to fill you up with more coffee, tea, or juice. Homemade chai scones with fig jam followed by a yogurt and berry parfait, a Michigan cherry stratta (like french toast but way better), and bacon. The table setting was special--little details like cute butter knives and artistically folded napkins.

You really get the feeling Elly puts all of herself in everything--from making you feel comfortable and welcome to carefully folding all the linens to cooking beautiful breakfasts. That's what really made me love our experience that much: feeling like you were really being taken care of by someone who genuinely cares. And it wasn't just us! The next morning at breakfast (the baked huevos rancheros with artichoke was SO delicious), one of the guests let it slip that it was her birthday. Minutes later, out walks Elly with a cupcake with a candle in it singing "happy birthday." So thoughtful! She had no notice and still made it special.

We loved our babymoon. This was my husband's first experience at a B&B and he really enjoyed himself, too. He's a rough-and-tumble football-loving, beer-drinking kinda guy so I was a little nervous a B&B might be too frilly for him. Not the case. It's tastefully and conservatively decorated (no doilies and I didn't spot a hint of lace!) and there are cozy leather couches to relax on.

If you're looking for a babymoon destination, I highly recommend this B&B. It lends to the kind of pampering and relaxation a momma-to-be needs. Actually, if you're just in general need of some pampering, this is the place for you! It's within walking distance of a ton of restaurants, bars, and a playhouse, as well as the Capital building and Naval Academy (we didn't venture out much with temperatures in the teens and icy walkways). A short drive from DC or Baltimore. Perfect location, hostess, and venue!

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Chez Amis and loved this little hidden gem in a charming secluded street near the State Capital in Annapolis. Elly is a warm and welcoming host and the B&B is beautifully maintained and very cozy with nicely appointed rooms. Even the dog Maggie will give you a very warm welcome. The breakfast was delicious and we had great conversation with our fellow guests. Would definitely recommend this B&B. Also, we followed Elly's recommendation for a restaurant for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed Osteria 177.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Thanksgiving, 2013 was our third stay at Chez Amis in eighteen months. Less than one hour from the Virginia DC suburbs. The location within Annapolis is perfect - quiet, secluded residential side street, yet a block from the center of everything, including the Naval Academy and the State House. Chez Amis' setup is terrific. Inviting breakfast nook, living room sitting area, and kitchen. Coffee, tea and cookies. Plenty of room to spead out and read. I was up until 2AM reading in gianormous comfy leather chairs. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Very comfortable beds, with extra pillows. Bathrooms, en Suite, are super clean. Elly's breakfasts are a gourmet affair. Joe and Elly (and pooch, Maggie) are the perfect hosts for the perfect B&B getaway. It's not about visiting Chez Amis the next time we're in Annapolis. For us, Chez Amis IS the destination. We're going back. Can't wait. A+. Five Stars!

Room Tip: Treaty of Paris, Law Library are both very comfy. Both en suite baths. Treaty of Paris can accommoda...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple