“Just Right in Every Way”

Chez Amis Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cleveland Heights
“Just Right in Every Way”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Chez Amis is well-situated for exploring Annapolis and the surrounding area. Walking to restaurants, shops, the Academy, the waterfront is easy and pleasant. The B&B itself is terrific -- Elly provides a warm welcome, consistently helpful hints on what to see and do (and where to eat!), and a beautifully maintained home. My husband and I stayed in the State Room, which was comfortable and well-equipped with nice touches like a magnifying mirror and quality bathroom essentials. Efficient use has been made of all available space. Breakfasts are substantial and delicious, and there are cookies, fruit and beverages available night and day (we sneaked downstairs at 2:00 a.m.). The 'goodie bag' for our drive home was a bonus - thanks! We would certainly return, and enthusiastically recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Chez Amis was fantastic. The owners were very accommodating and food was excellent. Great location although parking was a little bit if a trick. Easy walk to harbor and downtown restaurants. Would definitely go back and recommend to friends.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Beautiful B&B with top-level service from the innkeeper (Elly) makes this a winner. My wife and I stayed for three nights in the State Room on a second honeymoon and found the accommodations to be well maintained and very comfortable. Elly was fantastic from check-in to check-out offering suggested activities and places to eat. But this is also a quiet B&B where you can feel free to do nothing but relax. With comfortable beds and a great living area that's perfect for curling up with a good book - there will be days where you might not want to leave. Fresh baked cookies available in the kitchen, plus complimentary beverages are also a nice touch.

Breakfast each morning was outstanding. The dishes were varied and always fresh. Elly noticed that we loved one particular side and she made it a second time for our last breakfast there and even shared the recipe with us. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to any couple looking for a quiet stress-free getaway!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I spent a night at the Chez Amie Bed and Breakfast. The room was quite nice and very quiet. This bed and breakfast is centrally located in Annapolis so we could walk everywhere. The hosts were very generous and made a great breakfast that kept us full all day. I highly recommend this place and I will be back. Gary F

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
College Park, Maryland
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My fiance and I had never stayed at a B&B before, and this was a perfect first experience! Lovely hosts, great food, and a very comfortable and well-decorated room. We could not have hoped for a better weekend, and will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My daughter surprised me with a stay At Chez Amis for my birthday in January. It was a cold afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to find birthday greetings, confetti, fresh flowers, Bocelli and Grobin CD's were awaiting in my room with the spectacular view of the State Capital. I wished I could have stayed longer. The service, the ambiance, the food, the room, every detail of the Inn was warm, welcoming, cozy and fabulous. I love B&Bs and have stayed at Inns in Lancaster, Oxford, Niagara Falls, NC, SC, etc and this is the first Inn that I have visited that provided slippers and robes for the guests. Books, CD's, Maryland history, a theatre steps away, taverns, museums, shopping, the waterfront, so much to do and yet private if you just want to just get away and rest. You will love it, whether it is a day or a week, you have to visit Chez Amis. Elly is the perfect hostess with a charming personality and smile! And Maggie is friendly too!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LVBnB
Aberdeen, Maryland
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My husband and I were looking for a romantic setting to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. We had our sights set on Annapolis and were looking for somewhere to get off the grid and spend every moment of the weekend together. After reading many reviews we settled on Chez Amis and I am so very glad that we did. This B&B has a wonderful location just steps from the Maryland State House it is also very close to shopping, restaurants, and galleries. Not to mention your host, Elly is wonderful! She is so sweet and knowledgeable about the area. Also, she is an amazing cook! Breakfast was wonderful featuring both sweet and savory dishes- my favorite was an asparagus and egg frittata. Also, she always has a plate of cookies and a variety of beverages available to enjoy.

I must say, my favorite thing about Chez Amis was how comfortable it is. There is a lovely common room with comfy couches and plenty of games and reading materials. We just felt so at home lounging here and playing with the resident fur-ball Maggie. We spent our weekend coming and going, stepping out for a few hours to enjoy the art galleries and shops, then returning for some relaxation time. I have already recommended Chez Amis to friends seeking a lovely getaway. You will not be disappointed and, like us, you'll be planning your return to Chez Amis before you even check out.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the State House Room with amazing views, an en suite bathroom, two sinks, and a l...