“Best neighborhood pub”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Luck for us we live only 5 miles from Hero's. This is our favorite local pub. They make the best Chesapeake chicken wings ever. They serve my favorite, Blue Moon on tap along with at least 50 other types of beer. I often order a Cesar salad with grilled chicken, which is delicious. Our most favorite thing to order is the tacos. You can only get them on Wednesday's and they are not on the regular menu. If you like soft shell tacos, you should most definitely give these a try, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Here’s another local place that I’d heard about repeatedly, but only after a recent trip to my dentist that called for a medicinal beer did I stop in.

Let’s get this out up front. Heroes is a pub. No candles, no linen tablecloths. Pub fare. And 48 beers on tap. That was the reason I sought Heroes out in the first place. What I discovered was a friendly local place with what looked to be a clientele of regulars, good chow, and fire and police department patches adorning every square inch of wall space (hence the “Heroes”).

Dental trauma notwithstanding, I was hungry and had the pulled pork sandwich off the daily special menu to accompany my IPA. If not the best pulled pork I’ve ever eaten, it was quite tasty.

Prices were quite reasonable, and the staff friendly and attentive.

I’m looking forward to heading back and sampling more of the food and beers. I may soon count myself among the regulars at Heroes.

Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

We were heading to Delaware and it was lunch time. Didn't want fast food, we wanted to sit and talk and relax for a few minutes before continuing on our trip. The food is great. Every time we stop, it has consistently been a good meal. The beer selection if huge for such a small place. The staff friendly. The only drawbacks were the tiny bathrooms. Overall a great place to spend a few minutes, especially if you're involved in a fire department. The place is decorated with badges and patches from various fire departments. It was cool.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Went to Heroes with our son's family including 2 teenage girls. Got a booth that held all 6 of us in the rear. Pitchers of beer for the adults, sodas for the girls, and all of us feasted on appetizers. Their list of available draft beers was extensive. The jumbo steamed shrimp appetizer was actually jumbo shrimp!! The wings and nachos were very good All the females really liked the crab dip. Service was outstanding, we were checked on often, but not so much as to be annoying. Wish there was something like it near our home in Florida. Next time we're in Maryland, we will certainly go again. Older building that has been there at least 40+ years that I know of. Plenty of TV's to watch the games.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

I apologize for stealing another reviewer's line, but "I love Heroes Pub!". I make a point of making at least one trip there when I return home to Annapolis. Located away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, the bar is warm and comfortable for an afternoon draft or an evening with friends or your brothers (your sister will love it here too). With about 40 beers on draft, its enough to keep you busy and interested in what you are drinking. Friendly staff, friendly patrons, friendly place. I cant say that everything on the menu is perfect, but everything is decent. On my last trip, I had the perfect pub meal for a December evening--Mussels and Fries. The mussels were tender and perfectly prepared. The portion was generous and their perfect fries were crispy and hot. (I cant stand soggy and/or just warm fries). The meal was accompanied by several draft beers chosen by the affable bar tender at my request. I make it home to Annapolis only once or twice a year and I NEVER miss a trip to Heroes when I am there.