“Pseudo-Chinese food”

Ranked #198 of 348 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Annapolis, Maryland
“Pseudo-Chinese food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

P.F. Changs presents itself as an upscale pseudo-chinese restaurant with upscale pretensions. I have no objection to the fact that it is part of a chain. However, I find the food to be bland and the combinations somewhat weird. I'd just like to get a cup of standard oolong tea with my meal, but instead get these odd flavored types. The times I have gone with friends, my wife will bring her own tea bags. Quite frankly, we only go to dinner here because some our friends want to go. Personally, I am underwhelmed by the place.

Visited December 2013

Dunkirk, Maryland
“What has happened to PF Changs?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

My 9 year old granddaughter always chooses Chang's for her birthday. The last two experiences have been less than their original good food, good service. it was early and not busy so I'm not sure what the problem was. The food came to the table in shifts. Plates were brought after the food was " handed" to us - not " placed" on the table and we had to ask for them. My wine glass had water spots. The shrimp was soggy in the fried rice. We took the remainder home but will not eat it. Very disappointing. This nice place has turned into just another place to eat. The step above reputation it once had is gone in my book.

• Visited October 2013
MD
“Oh dear, what's happened?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

This used to be a favourite eating place of mine, but tonight's meal was fairly grim.

The Hot and Sour soup was neither hot nor sour and the calamari was nothing to write home about.

I wonder if this is why the place was virtually empty

The only redeeming factor was that my wife's Sweet and Sour Chicken was good.

Maryland
“Good Food - Poor Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Took forever to get drinks ordered, and even longer to get them delivered to the table. We had to get the manager's attention to get the drinks delivered. Our server's performance reflected poorly on the restaurant/franchise.

• Visited October 2013
Charleston, WV
“The Worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is the worst P.F. Changs I've had the misfortune to visit. I've been to eight different locations in six different states...each time I order Mongolian chicken. It is not on the menu but I've ordered it at every location. In fact I've ordered it from this location prior to my last visit.

First off, my waitress was awful. She was inattentive to us and our food. She was too busy talking and having a blast with the host and another lady (I was later informed she was the manager). She took our order for our drinks and food. The bartender promptly carried out our appetizer. About an hour after getting our appetizer, the waitress who had been at the front desk the entire time waltzes over and tells us our food will be out shortly. She must have used her telepathy. Several tables that came in after us was already eating their desserts. Another twenty minutes passed before we received our lukewarm entrees. They had definitely been reheated. The chicken tasted like a watery teriyaki/soy sauce disaster. We decided we'd eat the other now cold entrée of crispy honey shrimp.

We informed our waitress we were dissatisfied with the Mongolian chicken and she went the manager over. The manager had to be the MOST unprofessional person I've ever met. She squatted down while hanging over the back of the chair to explain that the problem with my food was that it was not on the menu. I informed her that not only had I ordered and received it at other locations but that I've had it at that location in the past. She then offered an insincere apology ( you can tell because she rolled her eyes and was looking at the ceiling) and removed the entrée from our bill.

I had visited this location before and loved it. Unfortunately, it only takes one bad experience to lose my business. Will never return there again.

• Visited September 2013