“Great B & B near Annapolis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Annapolis
Meadow Gardens Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Nashville, TN
“Great B & B near Annapolis”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The Meadow Gardens B & B in Annapolis was so peaceful and serene it felt as though we were in the "country" though we were only minutes away from Annapolis and the Bay Bridge. Meadow Gardens is a lovely place with gardens, birds, butterflies and even a river nearby for kayaking. Wendy, the owner, is a great cook--the breakfasts we had were plentiful and usually included fruit, special items to select from a menu, tasty breads and meats. In fact, the breakfasts were so generous that we did not eat lunch and sometimes snacked for dinner! Our room had a porch overlooking the property with rockers that we thoroughly enjoyed using. We also had a small refrigerator and a coffee pot in our room. We stayed 4 nights and loved every minute we spent there--highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We goofed and didn't call the day before with a time of arrival, but the owner was very gracious about it. The room was comfortable and clean, the garden impressive, and best of all, there was a kayak available for use for some paddling aorund the sound. We loved this! Breakfast was delicious and very filling -- unless you have a larger-than-average appetite, you can probably skip lunch. The dogs are adorable (although one is a bit of a barker, not at night though). It's a little bit outside of town (we didn't have a car) but we walked to downtown Annapolis in a pleasant 45 minutes and took a cab back to the B&B. The price is very affordable too. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We were in the Tuscan Suite, which had a nice little terrace and skylight.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steckarrr
Jersey Shore, US
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Our summer wiffle ball weekend was held at Meadow Gardens, and Wendy really gave special meaning to the word 'hospitality." The accomodations are clean, nice, and homey, all at a very reasonable price. The gardens are stunning, with a super patio in the middle of middle of the birds and the butterflies! The breakfasts were delicious. What made our stay here special is that Wendy understood exactly what we needed and delivered, all in a super-relaxed, gracious way. We're a big group that occupied the entire B&B, and it really was like staying at your most hospitable friend's lovely home. Thanks again! XOXO, Kev, Mike, Louie, Kelly, Joe, Phil, Paul, Ken, Scott and JimBob. We'll see you in a couple of years!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The Meadow Gardens is an old-fashioned, classic B&B, and for those that don't know what this means, you're staying in spare rooms in someone else's home. There's an element of allowance that has to be made for the fact that it's not a hotel, it's not an inn, but it is a family home.

Having said all that, I think Wendy has done a fine job is providing a degree of separation between guest and family zones, and the rooms are very comfortable, large, and well stocked with every possible requirement. Breakfast was of high quality and vast quantity, and we were very pleased with the relaxed and hands-off approach. Meadow Gardens is located outside of the downtown area and so transport is a must, but it is only a short drive into old town, etc, and a extremely pleasant stay, especially considering the short of noise and disturbance that can come with a town location.

The acid test (i.e. would I return): Yes, absolutely, if I was after an out-of-town location.

Room Tip: Both rooms offer a garden outlook and private facilities, so not much to pick between them, perhaps...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Woodstock, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Had a wonderful weekend scrap booking with friends at this lovely B&B. Not only was Wendy very accommodating with our special needs for our scrap booking group, she was the perfect hostess in sharing her home. Yes you must love dogs, as they do have the run of the B&B. I found it to be very clean and comforting. Loved her gardens and just the serenity. Was impressed with her preparation of the food.

Room Tip: Each room was very accommodating. All had its own bathroom. I shared the Paris room. Lots of light...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Ahhh! Finally, Peace!!!!

I loved this bed and breakfast. I just needed a quick break from the city life, so I came here alone. I was first greeted at the door by Bo, the dog. He immediately made me feel welcomed. Then I met the wonderful Ms. Wendy May. She was so kind and accommodating. After putting my things in my beautiful room, I went directly to the pool to go sunbathing. Afterwards, I went kayaking and experienced relaxation on the water. Be careful though, the mosquitoes are vicious. When I returned, I rested in the Tuscan Suite which I adored. The room was beautifully decorated and had soft calming color tones of blue, cream, and brown. The room was spacious and the king-sized bed was oh so comfortable. I loved the skylight and back porch. The suite also has a sitting area with a T.V. (that is connected to Netflix with a lot of movie choices), a desk, and a sauna.

This morning, I sat in the Zen garden and read a great book with a fresh cup of coffee. After my morning meditation, I ate a delicious breakfast. Wendy fixed me a fresh cup of peaches and plums, freshly squeezed orange juice, cinnamon raisin french toast and bacon.

The landscape was beautiful, the dogs were comforting, and the service was impeccable. This will become my new get away.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Mooresville
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Not even one of the fiercest wind storms in state history caused proprietor, Wendy Mays, to skip a beat. Once daylight was in our favor, Wendy cranked up the generator to bring back a few lights and power the refrigerator. Optimistically,with no electricity, I had hoped for juice and fruit. Not so. In addition to the generator, Wendy pulled out her propane powered camping stove and established a temporary cooktop in her kitchen. Soon we were on the porch enjoying one of her fabulous creations as we continued to learn of the devastation across several states.
In more routine times, I would still rate the property as very good. Every room was as pictured on the website. But what we liked was the atmosphere... warm, comfortable and friendly. The house is not grandiose but the layout and setting are superb. But you must like dogs, free ranging chickens, a cow, raised bed gardens filled with flowers and vegetables and the entire concept of rural but not totally because the den was equipped with Apple TV. We thoroughly enjoyed our pre-breakfast coffee as we strolled the grounds right down to the river.
Location is also excellent with super easy access to Annapolis. If you are headed in her direction, contact Wendy.

Room Tip: I'd avoid the Tuscan room because it is closest to the den/parlor. However, no one was noisy wh...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple