“3rd Time is the charm!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Piccola Roma Restaurant is the perfect location in Historic Downtown Annapolis MD for great Italian dining. Located on Main Street, Piccola Roma is open for lunch and dinner with a great selection of menu items and a fantastic wine menu. Menu items include a wide assortment of appetizers, salads, pasta dishes, sandwiches, risotto, entrees and desserts.
Lindenwold, New Jersey
“3rd Time is the charm!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I came back to Annapolis to get away for a few days and of course make a dinner date at Piccola Roma. We had dinner there twice in 2013, and again in Spring of 2014. It was still wonderful, the food is great, the ambiance is lovely and the staff still is first class. We can't wait to go back again.

Massachusetts
“Trust Your Instincts”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I and our friends were looking for a place to have a late lunch because our favorite Annapolis restaurant was closed that day. We didn't want to spend a lot of time browsing other places, but WE SHOULD HAVE. Walked into Piccola Roma. It had a funny smell, plus it was basically empty - bad vibe - but lunch hour was long past so we went with it. Service was friendly but very slow. Worst iced tea I've ever had - sent it back. Asked waiter if it was freshly brewed, he said "No, it comes out of a machine." My friend ordered minestrone soup which looked like someone dumped a can of tomato soup in a bowl and added veggies and potatoes(??). I had an arugula salad with grilled shrimp. Shrimp were awful, tasted like metal. My husband and our other friend had pasta dishes, which at least were edible. Meals took a long time to come out and there was only one other couple there. Bottom Line: when you walk into a place and get a bad feeling - walk out!

Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Decidedly mediocre”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were in town for a race and wanted to eat pasta the night before. We saw the good reviews for this restaurant, and decided to give it a try. We got reservations for Saturday night. The person on the phone was polite and pleasant. We arrived, ordered wine, and decided on salads and seafood pasta. My husband got a fettuccine in cream sauce with crab and other seafood. I got spaghetti with mussels, shrimp, calamari, and scallops in a spicy red sauce. We both got Caesar salads. The first thing to arrive was some very good bread with flavored olive oil. So far, so good. Unfortunately, the bread and wine were the highlights of the meal. The salads were just OK. Definitely nothing special. My husband's entree was better than mine. Mine was a mess. The sauce had a good amount of heat, but no flavor. It was hot, but bland. The watery sauce did not adhere to the pasta or the seafood very well. The dish was overwhelmingly calamari, and not good calamari. The calamari was tough, chewy, and did not smell fresh. The scallops were scallop pieces - not whole scallops, and there were only a very few. I was very disappointed. The waiter was pleasant, but did not tell us the specials for the evening. We only learned that there were specials by listening to the waitress talk to the table behind us. I guess we should have asked. I would not go back here again.

Herndon, Virginia
“Ristorante Piccola Roma”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This restaurant has great food. We enjoyed their Buffalo Mozzarella appetizer very much. We had the Shrimp Fra Diablo, which was really spicy and tasted wonderful. Our wine was very good. The restaurant is very pretty with their white table cloth and a nice looking bar. We enjoyed the view from our table watching the snow and people on street.

Visited March 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a quiet place to eat and the restaurant was full which is always a good indication. Little did we know that there was a function with the Governor of MD and staff and they were having a great time (ie loud). We survived the noise. The vegetable soup with crab was delicious. The veal parmigiana was very good and the marinara sauce incredible. My husband had the seafood risotto which was delicious too.