“Best Crab Cakes Ever!”

Dock Street Bar & Grill
Ranked #34 of 348 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Annapolis, MD
“Best Crab Cakes Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Today was my first visit to Dock Street Bar and Grill and it exceeded my high expectations for their crab cakes. We went during lunch and while it was busy, it was not crowded. There were four wait staff and they were all courteous, helpful, and attentive. They all refilled drinks and provided assistance as they saw a need promptly and pleasantly.

I had heard wonderful things about their crab cakes, that there was little filling, great flavor, and a tasty tartar sauce so my expectations were set quite high. I ordered the Crab Cake Sandwich which had a full-sized crab cake on a kaiser roll, lettuce, and tomato with an order of spicy fries. The crab cake was huge and I couldn't find any filler, it looked to be entirely crab meat. Their judicious use of Old Bay seasoning added a nice flavor and complemented the tartar sauce very well. The crab cake was nicely cooked, just a little bit of crispy on the outside but moist on the inside, not overdone. The fries were also prepared well, crisp and dry, delicious!

My cousin had the crab cake dinner and her crab cake looked as well prepared as my own. The server explained that we could get asparagus in place of the spinach as they had gotten some fresh asparagus from a local vegetable stand. That was a nice touch and a good recommendation!

I haven't tried anything else on the menu (yet), but it will be a while before I would forego a crab cake when I visit the Dock Street Bar & Grill.

It's a great location with fantastic crab cakes, I highly recommend a visit here!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great little spot in Annapolis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We went here for lunch on a beautiful day in Annapolis. There are a handful of tables outside on the street . Inside is small but cozy. Service was really good. I got a cup of soup which was really good. My wife got crabcakes which were also good. the only letdown was that my sandwich, which was good, was a little thin. Otherwise, it was a nice place to grab lunch,

1 Thank ColonelPSU
Jeffersonton, VA
“Amazing Crab cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This little place doesn't look like much from the outside, but they have the most wonderful crab cakes in Annapolis. In fact there was so little filling I'm not sure how they held together. YUMMY!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Fred835
Boca Raton, Florida
“Your Crab Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This place, during the day and evening is a great place to sit down, have a drink and meal while watching the people walk by. By far, some of the best crab cakes we had while in Annapolis. The wait staff was on top of their game while we were there. The beer cold, the food hot and plentiful.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Capt Steve R
New York
“Best Lump Crabcakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We went to Annapolis for a quick weekend trip. We asked the valet in town for a place with good crabcakes and his suggestion was Dock Street. Well, they were indeed some of the best jumbo lump crab cakes we've had.. Wings were good too..

1 Thank Toni C

Been to Dock Street Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!