“Twisted History Pub Crawl”

Annapolis Tours & Crawls
Ranked #1 of 11 Nightlife in Annapolis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a nighttime ghost walk through the historic downtown district on a spine-tingling journey into Annapolis’ dark and troubled history! Meet some of our more spirited residents and visit our most horrific haunted sites! For the more daring, take a raucous romp through three of our most haunted pubs on our Haunted Pub Crawl. Filled with stories of resident ghosts, haunted taverns, and restless spirits; our tours will have you sleeping with one eye open! For the history buff who likes the nitty gritty and not the boring textbook stuff, check out the Twisted History Tavern Tour! Murder, mayhem, sex and scandal! And Annapolis has seen more than its fair share! Come out drinking and touring with our learned Twisted Historian and find out where, who, how and why! And, which pub was once the most popular brothel in town and which tavern of our founding fathers was chased drunkenly out of! For more than three centuries, travelers and locals alike have been quenching their thirst in Annapolis' many historic pubs and taverns. From our founding fathers to pirate rogues, anyone in need of food, drink or entertainment found their way into our many historic bars...and you can too!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We wanted to do a pub crawl in Annapolis and luckily Living Social offer tickets. We did the Twisted History crawl and loved it. We met Claire (our guide) and another couple on the porch of the Maryland Inn and began our crawl. We went to 3 pubs/bars and at each stop Claire regaled us with the history you will not find in school books (the description of the tour boasted “horrors, horses and *hores”). It amazed me to think that I stood having a drink at the same pub at good old George Washington did. They offer other crawls which we will tryout.

2  Thank Judy J

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We took the Walking Ghost Tour at 9pm (their last one of the night) and were not disappointed. We all really took a liking to Tony and they way she told her stories. She was able to get all ages involved and didn't leave the kids out at all. I would take the tour again and this time bring a better camera, my cell phone was not able to do justice.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Ok Annapolis, Maryland is a calm, historically attractive, and if you want a peaceful place. After a couple of days one could be bored at night and look for something fun to do. This ain't it. Really.
It's an interesting history lesson about what happened where,when, and to whom. It's ruined by a tour guide who rambles on with "ghost" stories. Taking the tour before sunset seeking ghosts really isn't appealing other than for people who might trip on a gravestone were it night. In sunlight or moonlight get real drunk before you wander along with one of their tour guides on this
"adventure". That may help in seeing ghosts, cows crossing the road, dogs dancing on their hind legs.

1  Thank Academyaward
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My fiance and I went on the ghost tour for a date last night. Our tour guide, Tony, was hilarious and very animated. I loved hearing all of the history, and she was an amazing storyteller. We definitely will check out their other tours!

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on a date night.We enjoyed the tour-the only complaint is that I felt like it was more of a historical walk than a ghost walk, but we enjoyed it. Our tour guide was very enthustiastic and really knew what she was talking about.