“Nice, comfortable hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 19 August 2009

I stayed here in May with my extended family, visiting for my sister's wedding. I had to book several rooms, and because my family is so disorganized, I had to keep changing my reservation dates. The hotel staff was very accommodating and didn't seem to mind that we had so many changes.

ROOMS: The rooms were recently remodeled and very nice and clean. They have down pillows and comforters, which I was grateful for since I was away from home for two weeks. I had an excellent night's rest every night. Nice bath amenities, and granite counter tops. The shower/tub was in need of some improvement - it was a bit worn, but not a big deal. Our room had a nice view of the pool. We didn't visit the pool during our stay (too busy seeing the sights) but it seemed to get fairly crowded during the day. I would recommend going early to find a chair.

LOCATION: This hotel is 5-20 minutes from downtown Annapolis (depending on traffic). They offer a free shuttle downtown but we did not use that because we had our own car. I personally liked being away from downtown and close to the highway, because our family spent most of our trip traveling outside of Annapolis (to Washington DC and Virginia). If you are looking for something historical, waterfront, or downtown, I would recommend a different hotel, but you will most likely have to pay extra for that.

SERVICE: I gave the service a 5 because they were so accommodating with our large group reservations. They were also prompt with room service in the mornings. The tradewinds cafe downstairs is nice but only had two people working the entire restaurant for breakfast. The service was very slow but they did the best they could. If you are in a hurry I wouldn't recommend going there. The food was good, standard fare for breakfast - nothing special but not bad either. The maid service was great - the ladies were friendly and thorough.

I didn't visit the fitness center but my brother said it was really nice compared with most hotels. They also provide free wireless internet, which was easy to connect to. (Very important for us, since we were driving all over the place and we needed to look at google maps often)

I gave this hotel a 5 because I couldn't find anything I really disliked. It wasn't an upscale resort but a good hotel if you are staying in the Annapolis area.

• Stayed: June 2009
Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed 10 August 2009

The husband and I stayed here while attending a wedding in the Annapolis area. I bid for this hotel on PL and feel that I got an excellent deal. For just a shade over $50, we got this hotel on a Saturday night in the summer. We arrived around 2pm and the front desk staff found a room for us so we could check in early and get ready for the wedding. The room was clean, cool and well maintained. The bathroom had newer fixtures and had a variety of complimentary toiletries and a hair dryer. The beds and linens were comfortable. We did not try out the hotel restaurant or bar but they both looked busy. The hotel was easy to find and there are many stores and restaurants in the surrounding areas. Our only complaint was that the room darkening shades did not close and because we were on the first floor the light from the parking lot shined directly into our room all night long. It was pretty bright and would probably bother most people. We are none too picky and since the room was otherwise excellent it was a very positive stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2009

the service was was very good, the manager at the desk William was very helpful, and the bartender Carlos was wonderful and verym efficent and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 20 July 2009

I have been to this hotel a few times, and each time my stay is made better by having a great bartender such as Carlos to service me upon my visits. The hotel is very nice, friendly staff, and in a good location in Annapolis. They have a nice pool, plenty of parking, nice outside patio for happy hours, and great food!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2009

We reserved this hotel on the drive up from Georgia using the triple A book. The listing and the hotel web site note that they accept pets and we have a small wheaton terrier. We called the hotel directly and were connected to reservations- we were told yes they accept pets-- a fee was not mentioned or listed. Imagine our shock when we arrived bleary eyed and tired to be told that they no longer accept pets and the fee would be 50 dollars. After a protest they lowered it to 25 and stuck us at the back of the hotel where the door barely locks--one has to pull it closed hard. We paid a lot of money for a one night stay with a pet that is cleaner than a great deal of people. The room was small but comfortable- beds are small doubles but also comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2009

This is not a fancy hotel. However, it is reasonably priced, and there are some nice features which make it a good alternative in Annapolis. The rooms are average sized, and reasonably clean. It is possible to get rooms with connecting doors (in case your family needs more than one room). The beds are comfortable, and the bathrooms are updated.

One of the best features about this hotel is the shuttle. It is rather difficult to find parking in downtown Annapolis, so we parked on a Friday at the hotel, and used the shuttle all weekend long. The drivers were friendly and prompt. I found this service invaluable.

Another nice feature of the hotel is the location. It is within walking distance of many restaurants, a grocery store, and a beautiful shopping area. Try the Metro Cafe, which has been consistently good when we've been there; or Jalapenos, which has wonderful Mexican food.

Last, there is an outside bar area that is very nice for a chain hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My wife and I enjoyed this location. The hotel was in good shape. Clean place, friendly staff with a nice hearty breakfast. We absolutly LOVED Annapolis. I would move there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business