“Romance Plus!!!”

Academy Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The Academy B&B made our trip to Annapolis for Valentine's a trip to remember for a lifetime! We stayed in the Harbor View room, a spacious room on the top floor with views of the Academy and across the harbor. The bathroom was oversized and included a large jacuzzi tub, an enclosed rain shower with multiple heads and a steam option. The arrival was perfect, with the staff making arrangements to accomodate special surprises for the event. You cannot find a better location for downtown Annopolis, walking distance to the city dock, capitol, shopping and Eastport. Breakfast made it hard to leave, with fabulous fruit, homemade granola, and hot items including homemade sausage, potatoes with herbs and spices, french toast and omelets (if you still had room) Enjoy!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I took my husband to Annapolis for a birthday weekend celebration. I had no idea where to stay so checked TripAdvisor. I really liked the look of the Academy B&B and the reviews were quite good. I don't think we could have made a better choice! The accommodations are first-rate. The public areas are beautiful, and ver welcoming. We stayed in the Harbor View room which was one of the nicest B&B rooms I've ever seen. The bathroom is top-notch, too. It was a freezing cold weekend so we really enjoyed the steam shower!

As far as comfort, every detail is thought of, even including toothbrushes and toothpaste in case you forgot. There are wine glasses and a bottle opener in your room (and more in the kitchen if you need something else). There's coffee and tea available pretty much all the time (the cups are even warmed on a tray). There was chocolate espresso and a time of chocolates left out for us one night.

Breakfasts are delicious and graciously served. I really like John, the owner, as he provides just the right amount of interaction. Not intrusive, but not distant either.

As far as location, I think the Academy is perfect. Everything is walking distance, but not so close that you are right in the middle of everything. Granted, in February it was fairly quiet but I imagine in the summer, the downtown area is a bit busy at night and could be loud. As we walked around town, I saw a lot of the other B&Bs that I had looked at on TripAdvisor, and I am happy to say that the Academy was by far the best location.

Overall, an excellent experience and I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Our first trip to Annapolis and I'm so glad we stumbled across the Academy B&B. The location was perfect for walking to everything. Our room had an amazing shower/steam sauna and a massive jacuzzi tub. Bed was super comfortable too. We didn't think it could get any better until John's breakfast. My husband I are still talking about how delicious it was. What a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The Academy will take care of all your needs. You won't want to leave the room, but if you do, everything worth doing in Annapolis is a very short walk away. Breakfast was great. I recommend the Harbour View room!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I surprised my girlfriend with a stay at Academy for our one-year anniversary. Over the phone and especially in person, John (I believe he's the owner) demonstrated the epitome of hospitality and it seemed as though he couldn't do enough for us.

The house is beautiful and is in an ideal location for walks through downtown Annapolis. We stayed in the Academy View Suite and it was even nicer than the pictures on the website let on. Aside from being a very nice looking bedroom, the bed is comfortable and there's a flat screen tv mounted on the wall, with DirectTV - seemingly every channel included! The bathroom of this suite is amazing. Very large jacuzzi tub with a hand shower as well, his and her sinks and a separate commode. There is also a walk-in shower with a huge bench that doubles as a steam room. The shower is of the overhead "rain shower" variety, with colored led lights to illuminate the water and there are also shower heads built into one of the walls. The other suites seem very nice as well.

All-in-all we had a great experience and we plan on returning the next chance we get!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

My wife and I spent a "get away" night in mid January at the Academy Bed and Breakfast. We worked with the owner, John, who did everything from answering late night calls on directions to cooking a fabulous breakfast. This facility is a beautifully renovated B&B just a 1/2 block from the Academy with immediate access to downtown Annapolis. Our room (The Harbor View) featured an impressive new shower and whirlpool bath and comfortable King bed. An impressive ceiling with a sky light and exposed rustic beams created an impressive look. "Great" is our best description and that's not to mention the beautiful "period" decorating in this historic home. We would certainly return and hope to recruit friends to "take over" the entire place for a couples retreat in the future. "Loved it".

Room Tip: Harbor View
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Academy Bed and Breakfast on a long weekend trip to visit Annapolis and Washington DC. I did my research and picked this place because of the amazing location and the luxury spa bathroom that it advertised and it more than lived up to our expectations. The room and bed were very clean and comfortable and the bathroom was fabulous. Breakfast was delicious and John (the owner and chef) was very accommodating to my allergies. The main rooms were nicely decorated with lots of charm without going overboard and it's location in the center of town makes it very easy to walk around to see the whole city of Annapolis and the Academy. We got much more than we paid for and we will definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone else visiting the area.