“Academy Bed and Breakfast”

Academy Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Annapolis, Maryland
“Academy Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We had a great time. This is in a PERFECT location. The Inn was cozy yet very elegant. The staff wasn very hospitable and friendly. We met the owner whom was very welcoming and knowledgeable of Annapolis. We enjoyed our room the Jacuzzi Tub and the Sauna Shower was so relaxing!

Room Tip: There isn't a swimming pool or fitness center but I couldn't change the settings without it...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bensalem, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My husband and I were given a Groupon gift certificate to this B & B and just arrived home
After spending a wonderful weekend. We were greeted on our arrival and instructed on how to enter the building and also how to set the thermostat and shower and sauna controls in our room. We were greeted in the morning by Miquel who made us a delicious breakfast of fresh fruit, organic granola with fresh bananas, omelette, sausage and pancakes along with juice and unlimited coffee. There were several different books for use during our stay as well. The location is in the historic district and the area is very pedestrian friendly. I highly recommend this classic for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mbaier48
Burke, Virginia
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We were treated to a 2 night stay in Annapolis using a Groupon deal. We love B & B experiences as we enjoy chatting with the hosts and getting a more personal touch than staying at a hotel. We never met the host this time as he had the housekeeper let us in ( her English was limited) and he never came to the house at all. The rooms were nice and clean and the bathrooms had great amenities such as jacuzzi soaking tubs, steam rooms and a lighted rain shower but no instructions were provided on how to use any of them and there was no one to ask. Also, the heating in this home was very erratic. Our friends room was set for 76 and was uncomfortably hot and ours was cold. Each room had a thermostat but in most cases you could not over ride it for more than a short period of time. The windows are the original single pane type so all noises from outside were heard all night. The B&B is just down the street from the Naval Academy so we had a constant stream of midshipmen talking beneath our windows and we were on the 3rd floor. So overall, I would rate the B&B average and would not recommend it. Kinda sad as it looks like great effort and expense has gone into the amenities that no one knew how to use!

Room Tip: Maybe the one in the basement to decrease noise??
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hoffer13
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Typically for business travel I do not stay at B&Bs, but decided to try something different. I stayed at the Academy B&B in the Cathedral room in September 2012 on business. The service was above what I expected - so warm and friendly. The owner was there waiting for my arrival to show me around and hand me the keys. He also went out of his way to accommodate my needs for my stay, including scheduling me at another B&B for the night when the Cathedral room was not available during my stay. Also, the one minor cleaning issue I had at the second B&B was taken care of immediately.

There is truly nothing I can say negative about my stay. The building and room were comfortable, welcoming, and well-kept. The Cathedral room in particular is breathtaking. I enjoyed every moment there. I did not even hear the neighbors while I was there. The breakfast was very good as well.

I would definitely stay again without hesitation!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kst33235
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My wife and I stayed in the City View at the Academy B&B on December 1, 2012. Checkin was a breeze for us; we were attending a wedding that night so we were able to do it all over the phone. Parking was a little tight, but in this part of Annapolis that is expected. The City View room was amazing and the bathroom was great. The only complaint I have for the entire place is that, at least in the City View room, you could hear much of the traffic from the street outside in the room. This meant an earlier wakeup than we were anticipating. The food the next morning was excellent: a fruit cup starter, a bowl of granola and bananas, and finally a plate of bacon, blueberry pancakes, and eggs. My friend had the harbor view room, which was extraordinary and was a bit quieter. I would highly recommend this B&B; the food, location, and rooms were excellent. Just avoid the City View if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan S
New London, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed at the Academy the night before Hurricane Sandy hit. Miguel was very kind and attentive and served us a great breakfast the next morning. Unfortunately the memorial service at the Naval Academy that we were due to attend was cancelled due to the approaching storm. We left one day early to get back home and make sure our place up north was ok. The B & B is a great location, easy walk to the Naval Academy and downtown and waterfront. Hope to come back again for a longer stay when the weather is better!

SEB

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This property is a lovingly, impressively restored building just steps away from the Annapolis City Dock and all that is available nearby. Clearly a lot of time and money went into making this building as comfortable and modern as possible while still preserving the historical architecture. We stayed in the Harbour View -- no clear view, but the room was just perfect for a romantic weekend. Breakfast was fresh and delicious: organic granola, fruit, blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup, omelette, and sausage -- oh and BOTTOMLESS coffee! My favorite. Check-in can be improved, but other than that, you will not be disappointed here. Even saw the Annapolis Segway tour showing off the place! It is pricey though - but worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple