“Everything you can ask for...”

Academy Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2013

...in a romantic venue of downtown Annapolis. My fiance and I took a mini vacation to Annapolis. Little did she know that this was goign to be our engagement venue. During booking, I had asked John how romantic the scenery was, he resposded that this was the place that I was looking for. I asked him to put some flowers and chocolate covered strawberries in the room for us upon arrival and he came through BIG!!!! He even threw in some jelly beans since it was so close to Easter. We stayed for 2 nights and John cooked us breakfast the two mornings we were there. As humble as he is, he prepared an amazing breakfast for the two of us. The room was magnificent with an adult play house for a bathroom suite. This was truly one of, if not the nicest Bed and Breakfast I have ever stayed in. Not to mention the location. A three minute walk to most of the shops in Annapolis and a ten minute walk to everywhere else you would want to be.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Harbor View room. No real view of the actual harbor but it was still fantastic.
2  Thank Darren G
There are newer reviews for Academy Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We had a great time. This is in a PERFECT location. The Inn was cozy yet very elegant. The staff wasn very hospitable and friendly. We met the owner whom was very welcoming and knowledgeable of Annapolis. We enjoyed our room the Jacuzzi Tub and the Sauna Shower was so relaxing!

Room Tip: There isn't a swimming pool or fitness center but I couldn't change the settings without it...
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My husband and I were given a Groupon gift certificate to this B & B and just arrived home
After spending a wonderful weekend. We were greeted on our arrival and instructed on how to enter the building and also how to set the thermostat and shower and sauna controls in our room. We were greeted in the morning by Miquel who made us a delicious breakfast of fresh fruit, organic granola with fresh bananas, omelette, sausage and pancakes along with juice and unlimited coffee. There were several different books for use during our stay as well. The location is in the historic district and the area is very pedestrian friendly. I highly recommend this classic for an enjoyable stay.

2  Thank Mbaier48
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We were treated to a 2 night stay in Annapolis using a Groupon deal. We love B & B experiences as we enjoy chatting with the hosts and getting a more personal touch than staying at a hotel. We never met the host this time as he had the housekeeper let us in ( her English was limited) and he never came to the house at all. The rooms were nice and clean and the bathrooms had great amenities such as jacuzzi soaking tubs, steam rooms and a lighted rain shower but no instructions were provided on how to use any of them and there was no one to ask. Also, the heating in this home was very erratic. Our friends room was set for 76 and was uncomfortably hot and ours was cold. Each room had a thermostat but in most cases you could not over ride it for more than a short period of time. The windows are the original single pane type so all noises from outside were heard all night. The B&B is just down the street from the Naval Academy so we had a constant stream of midshipmen talking beneath our windows and we were on the 3rd floor. So overall, I would rate the B&B average and would not recommend it. Kinda sad as it looks like great effort and expense has gone into the amenities that no one knew how to use!

Room Tip: Maybe the one in the basement to decrease noise??
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hoffer13
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Typically for business travel I do not stay at B&Bs, but decided to try something different. I stayed at the Academy B&B in the Cathedral room in September 2012 on business. The service was above what I expected - so warm and friendly. The owner was there waiting for my arrival to show me around and hand me the keys. He also went out of his way to accommodate my needs for my stay, including scheduling me at another B&B for the night when the Cathedral room was not available during my stay. Also, the one minor cleaning issue I had at the second B&B was taken care of immediately.

There is truly nothing I can say negative about my stay. The building and room were comfortable, welcoming, and well-kept. The Cathedral room in particular is breathtaking. I enjoyed every moment there. I did not even hear the neighbors while I was there. The breakfast was very good as well.

I would definitely stay again without hesitation!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kst33235
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My wife and I stayed in the City View at the Academy B&B on December 1, 2012. Checkin was a breeze for us; we were attending a wedding that night so we were able to do it all over the phone. Parking was a little tight, but in this part of Annapolis that is expected. The City View room was amazing and the bathroom was great. The only complaint I have for the entire place is that, at least in the City View room, you could hear much of the traffic from the street outside in the room. This meant an earlier wakeup than we were anticipating. The food the next morning was excellent: a fruit cup starter, a bowl of granola and bananas, and finally a plate of bacon, blueberry pancakes, and eggs. My friend had the harbor view room, which was extraordinary and was a bit quieter. I would highly recommend this B&B; the food, location, and rooms were excellent. Just avoid the City View if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed at the Academy the night before Hurricane Sandy hit. Miguel was very kind and attentive and served us a great breakfast the next morning. Unfortunately the memorial service at the Naval Academy that we were due to attend was cancelled due to the approaching storm. We left one day early to get back home and make sure our place up north was ok. The B & B is a great location, easy walk to the Naval Academy and downtown and waterfront. Hope to come back again for a longer stay when the weather is better!

SEB