“Great location!!”

Academy Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We used a Groupon to stay here for a family wedding. The price was better than all the hotels we were offered through the wedding party. We took 3 of the rooms and enjoyed our stay. Miguel totally was the reason we loved it! He was kind and made us feel so welcome. We loved his breakfasts. The fresh fruit, the homemade granola with fruit and hot sausage, eggs and waffles were wonderful. This breakfast was the best we have had in a B&B! We hung out in the living areas and I really loved the location of our place. We literally walked a block to the Academy entrance and enjoyed the nightlife nearby. John also let us park our cars in the yard so our cars were not on the street. The only downside was the bathtub. It worked great but apparently, I used up the hot water for our room and my husband took a cold shower. It looked like the tub had not been used or cleaned since the dust was floating around in my water. With that being said, I would still stay here next time we come to Annapolis.

Room Tip: The Harbor View room costs more but has the most privacy and the biggest bathroom. If you are not pl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MLEPSU
There are newer reviews for Academy Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 23 April 2013

My wife and I received a Groupon from our daughters for a stay at the Academy Bedand Breakfast. The B&B is located near the Naval Academy and local shopping and restaurants. We met the owner and he was very friendly, and knowledgable about the area, making recommendations regarding dining and touring opportunities. He also gave us a rundown of the amenities in our room, and for the B&B. the room, service and food were wonderful. We enjoyed being able to leave the car parked fora couple of days, and explore the local shopping and restaurants. We highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: Harbor View room is great
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arthure9
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I were in Annapolis for a Canine Companions for Independence event at the Waterfront Marriott. I was looking for a place to stay near there and I could not have been any luckier and thrilled to find this B&B. we needed a place for our service puppy in training to stay with us. When I phoned to make reservations(John) the owner was so wonderful and helpful. We stayed in the 2bedroom apartment --with full kitchen and living room. When we arrived I met Miguel Martinez-the inn keeper- who also could have not been nicer. The rooms were very clean and we had a wonderful breakfast before we drove back home to Pittsburgh. Looking forward to booking again next year and spend more days enjoying the city. I highly recommend staying here!!! They make you feel like family

Room Tip: Traveling with dogs perfect stay. You have your own apartment and have a wonderful breakfast served...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patty S
Reviewed 3 April 2013

...in a romantic venue of downtown Annapolis. My fiance and I took a mini vacation to Annapolis. Little did she know that this was goign to be our engagement venue. During booking, I had asked John how romantic the scenery was, he resposded that this was the place that I was looking for. I asked him to put some flowers and chocolate covered strawberries in the room for us upon arrival and he came through BIG!!!! He even threw in some jelly beans since it was so close to Easter. We stayed for 2 nights and John cooked us breakfast the two mornings we were there. As humble as he is, he prepared an amazing breakfast for the two of us. The room was magnificent with an adult play house for a bathroom suite. This was truly one of, if not the nicest Bed and Breakfast I have ever stayed in. Not to mention the location. A three minute walk to most of the shops in Annapolis and a ten minute walk to everywhere else you would want to be.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Harbor View room. No real view of the actual harbor but it was still fantastic.
2  Thank Darren G
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We had a great time. This is in a PERFECT location. The Inn was cozy yet very elegant. The staff wasn very hospitable and friendly. We met the owner whom was very welcoming and knowledgeable of Annapolis. We enjoyed our room the Jacuzzi Tub and the Sauna Shower was so relaxing!

Room Tip: There isn't a swimming pool or fitness center but I couldn't change the settings without it...
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My husband and I were given a Groupon gift certificate to this B & B and just arrived home
After spending a wonderful weekend. We were greeted on our arrival and instructed on how to enter the building and also how to set the thermostat and shower and sauna controls in our room. We were greeted in the morning by Miquel who made us a delicious breakfast of fresh fruit, organic granola with fresh bananas, omelette, sausage and pancakes along with juice and unlimited coffee. There were several different books for use during our stay as well. The location is in the historic district and the area is very pedestrian friendly. I highly recommend this classic for an enjoyable stay.

2  Thank Mbaier48
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We were treated to a 2 night stay in Annapolis using a Groupon deal. We love B & B experiences as we enjoy chatting with the hosts and getting a more personal touch than staying at a hotel. We never met the host this time as he had the housekeeper let us in ( her English was limited) and he never came to the house at all. The rooms were nice and clean and the bathrooms had great amenities such as jacuzzi soaking tubs, steam rooms and a lighted rain shower but no instructions were provided on how to use any of them and there was no one to ask. Also, the heating in this home was very erratic. Our friends room was set for 76 and was uncomfortably hot and ours was cold. Each room had a thermostat but in most cases you could not over ride it for more than a short period of time. The windows are the original single pane type so all noises from outside were heard all night. The B&B is just down the street from the Naval Academy so we had a constant stream of midshipmen talking beneath our windows and we were on the 3rd floor. So overall, I would rate the B&B average and would not recommend it. Kinda sad as it looks like great effort and expense has gone into the amenities that no one knew how to use!

Room Tip: Maybe the one in the basement to decrease noise??
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple