“My new favorite Annapolis Tradition” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My new favorite Annapolis Tradition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I travel to DC for work but have lately starting extending my stays to include weekends in Annapolis. It's a charming town with plenty of great sites and food. I've been to every restaurant in the heart of town and the one I find myself going back to every time is Sugarbuns in the Kitchen. It's an adorable breakfast/lunch place that has an amazing lobster roll, great chowder and fantasitic desserts. Whether you're grabbing a sugar bun to go (I stock up about a dozen before I leave town) or sitting down for a casual lunch, I highly recommend checking this place out. You might even get your picture on the wall...

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ian J

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing lunch spot with lots of character!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This cute little spot has everything you could want in a breakfast/lunch spot.... caffeine, cupcakes, delish sugar buns, and the BEST LOBSTER ROLL IN ANNAPOLIS! No filler or condiment overload, just huge chunks of lobster meat served on a toasted roll. Great service, cute boutique-like environment, and prime location right off of the main downtown drag. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the area!!!!

• Visited February 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

This was my 1st time and I will be back...just to try the BUNS they where very good. I'm from Broolyn NY and consider my self a good judge in good quality food. The breakfast was good and the buns where great. Nice small establishment for a quick morning pick me up!!!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Tatyana85
Crofton, Maryland
“Scrumptious Sugar Buns--Well Worth the Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

My wife and I enjoyed the best sugar buns we've ever tasted at this cute downtown Annapolis establishment. We got them straight out of the oven, and they were light and delectable, topped with just the right amount of white sugar glaze. Delicious sliced pecans and cinnamon added to the dough made for a heavenly gastronomic experience. The fresh coffee adds just the right compliment to these scrumptious pastries. Danny Connelly, the owner, was very friendly and hospitable, and Lily, our server, was quite attentive and sweet. I can't wait to return...highly recommended!

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank WAK703
Maylene, Alabama
“Cute From The Outside, But Keep Walking!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

We tried this establishment because it was later in the day and they advertised breakfast served all day. Upon entering you are greeted with the smell of cooked food. The few tables were occupied and we thought we would have to wait, BUT we were quickly escorted to a back room next to the restrooms with three tables in it. Off this area was the backdoor (she closed when we went back there) which looked like they had outdoor seating in an enclosed courtyard. My wife said she felt like we were bad children being punished based on our seating. Tables opened up in the front prior to us even submitting our drink orders, but no offer was made to move us from the backroom without a view.

We ordered omelets and they were nothing special! My personal ones would put these to shame. It appeared to be a two egg omelet served with two pieces of toast. The waitress was nice, but she acknowledged that she was a rent-a-friend and did not know much about the menu. Maybe that explains why a place that is named for a pastry NEVER mentioned anything about it. Based on our seating we have NO idea what the sugarbuns looked like to even give you a review of them!

Remember the aroma (and the backdoor) I mentioned above. By the time we finished our meal and walked back up front to pay the COOK there was a haze throughout the front room where the tables surrounded the kitchen area. I noticed two small vents above the grill area, but nothing sufficient to pull the cooking odors and smoke from the premises. After we paid and were walking out the front door the cook propped open the front door as we left.

Needless to say, once was enough for us! Hopefully others will have a better experience than we did :-)

• Visited November 2011