“Nice place”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Soddy Daisy Tennessee
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

We booked this hotel for 2 nights after a terrible experience at another hotel. The main reason for this hotel was for the indoor pool. It opens at 5 pm on week days. No one told us about the swim classes that are held at this hotel. An outside party used this pool on Wednesday night, but we were still able to enjoy swimming with our 2 sons. The beds were quite comfortable, but the people in the room above us sounded like a heard of elephants at night. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The Annapolis Mall is less than a mile away, which was an added bonus for us :-) My family will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are in the Annapolis/DC area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
White Plains, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

I had stayed here previously and liked the location and actually the hotel. Was to stay here over superbowl weekend. The day before I was to check-in I receive a call saying I couldn't stay in the room I had reserved, because the patron in the room needed to extend. How very tacky!! These reservations were made in Nov or Dec. I didn't want another room, this one had a fireplace. When I asked about the 2nd fireplace room I was told that was occupied for a month. Unable to find a hotel at a reasonable price at this time I cancelled. I was hurt, upset, and felt discrimanated against. Never heard of a hotel doing this!! Called the main number for reservations and complained. The reservationalist agreed and offered me a free 2 night stay elsewhere. I will never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

I've been staying with the Country Inn and Suites Annapolis for a while. I live in Florida but commute to Maryland at least one week per month for work. I've done this for the past four years. Because I'm there so much, the feeling of home helps make my business trip more enjoyable. The staff is extremely friendly. I also feel welcomed when I arrive. If I need anything, they always go above and beyond to help. It's a great staff.
Thanks Guys!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Vontresef
cisannapolisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis, responded to this review, 25 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so happy to have you as part of our extended family and are so glad that you feel like home here. Thank you again for your wonderful comments and business.
Harrington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

Hotel is ok. We have stayed there many times. Things that were different this time is the breakfast. It was bad. They need to go back to basics. Scrambled eggs and homefries with no strange seasioning. They also need to fix the clocks in the rooms. They don't work. Heater A/C unit was extremely loud and heat could not be controlled. Other that that, the price is right, the pool is great, and the staff is friendly. I'd go back again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

The Front Desk people were always helpful in suggesting places to eat, arranging cab schedules and in answering any need I presented to them. The breakfast is great and they always have coffe in the entrance. I definitely enjoyed my short stay and would repeat it again in May and June if I need to go to Annapolis again.

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jaime R
cisannapolisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis, responded to this review, 1 March 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to showing you the same hospitality when you return.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

The lobby welcomes you with enjoyable music, comfortable seating and a book library. Here you also have coffee, tea and yummy cookies 24/7.
This hotel offers extremely comfortable and clean rooms. They offer two queen beds or a king suite with spa tub and kitchenette. My 8 night stay was in the queen room. The room was spacious, with fresh clean linen daily. The bed was very comfortable and numerous plush pillows enhanced my rest.
Amenities include a decent fitness room available 24/7, an indoor pool and hot tub open in the evening hours. Meeting rooms are available for business travelers.
A very nice self serve hot and cold breakfast buffet is available offering enough selections that one does not grow tired of it during a long stay. Choices range from cereals, fresh fruits and yogurt, eggs, potatoes, a different breakfast meat everyday, a build and make your own waffle station and a nice variety of juices, bagels, muffins and such.
Location is very convenient with complimentary shuttle services to historical downtown Annapolis.
The staff was friendly and courteous. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
cisannapolisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis, responded to this review, 25 February 2011
It was our pleasure to have you as a guest with us for 8 nights. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Dunkirk, Maryland, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

Tried to get some alone time with the spouse and spend some of my goldpoints for a one-night stay. Awoke at 1:50 a.m. due to a small crowd of people outside my room in the smoking area carrying on like there was no problem and we could hear every word. Called the front desk for assistance and was told by the night manager that they were almost done. After we finally fell asleep the maid is trying to enter our room at 9:00 am. So much for a restful night sleep. Told the clerk at checkout what had happened and was told we would get our points back. Do not see any refund of points on my account. I had the points because we stay at Country Inn during all our travel and we always (until now) have great stays. Will look at staying at a different location next time.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
cisannapolisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis, responded to this review, 17 January 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. While it isn't pleasant to hear our guests upset, we do use your feedback to improve our operation. I am very sorry that you did not have a restful stay with us. That is not a typical experience at our hotel. The front desk did credit your points back to your account however it does take a little while to appear. You should see them in the next day or two. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance. We would love a second chance to give you a relaxing night away.
Katrina