“great people work there” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“great people work there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Have stayed a half a dozen times for work. I continue to go back because I want to. Always clean, good breakfast and the people that work there care. On my last stay a couple weeks ago I went into my room only to find that the air conditioning did not work. They quickly moved me to another room. A nasty storm with all the thunder and lightening hit the area a couple hours before I checked in.
They have a shuttle that will take you downtown. It is the way to go. The young gentleman that drives the shuttle is a really nice. He takes me to town exactly where I want to go and picks me up when I call the front desk. No dealing with traffic or parking. I can walk the town, get some dinner and relax. I have to be at work by 7 and do not get done until 5. I look for a hotel that has breakfast and either a restaurant within, walking distance or in this case...shuttle distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cisannapolisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you so much for your nice comments and for recognizing my fabulous staff. I am very lucky to work with great people. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel back in May for 2 queen beds accessible room and shower. We used booking.com fully paid for with a valid credit card. When we checked in we did not receive an accessible room so our disabled son could not stay with us as originally planned, his flight was late anyway so he did not drive to Annapolis to meet us at the hotel because of the inaccessible room. The room they did give us was tired and worn. The hotel was fully booked and Annapolis was fully booked so there was nothing we could do except stay in the room that they gave us. This was to be a two night stay while we were out the next day they moved our belongings to their version of an accessible room. However since they previously told us that they probably would not be able to find us an accessible room for the second night my son went back to his apartment in Washington DC that evening again. Their version of an accessible room wouldn't have worked anyway as there was no bench in the roll-in shower, no pull down shower head, and the doorway to the room was blocked by a desk. I was also very disappointed in this hotel that they do not have enough parking spaces to support the amount of rooms that are in the hotel. They also allow smoking on both sides of the entrance porch so when you walk into the hotel you are completely assaulted by clouds of smoke. While the associates working there were friendly, there seem to be no sense of urgency to correct a significant problem. Maybe this was because we were not angry and demanding, just politely explaining to them what they had done that was unacceptable. I still can't believe I paid as much money for this room as I did and I cannot believe that they have not offered to refund me at least the one night of our stay that was not in an accessible room. I am not letting this drop. 23 years after the ADA was passed this should not occur. Period.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank momtokande
I am so sorry about all the problems you encountered. I know that you have interacted with my Guest Service Manager and hopefully she has resolved this to your satisfaction. I have reviewed our ADA rooms with my team and we are making sure that everything is addressed. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any further concerns.
Leicester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Thank you for allowing larger dogs! Clean accommodations, friendly staff and very convenient to all the attractions in Annapolis. Petsmart and a grocery store with a Starbucks is right across the street.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
You are welcome. I am a big dog lover myself. Thanks for your nice comments. We hope to see you again next time you are in town.
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We loved this place and found it purely by chance as we were visiting Annapolis to see a band. It's in a very good location.We had king suite. The bed was extremely comfortable with great squishy, feather pillows and a lovely feather duvet. Everything was very clean. The room had great amenities - 'fridge, microwave, 2 TV's and a sitting room.! The staff were wonderful - very friendly and happy. Good WiFi too. Breakfast was more than enough with ample choices. If I had to say anything bad it would be that A/C was noisy but that does not detract from the fact that this is a great place. We will definitely return, especially as we found out they are doggy friendly!

Room Tip: I think they are all good!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for sharing your comments. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you and your doggy in the future.
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We had a good time as usual:) need in room movies:) it would be nice if there were a better fan in the bathroom. The front desk clerk was awesome I don't remember his name though!!! I wanna say it was Jason. It is a great location for a quick trip overnight!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am so glad that Jason was helpful to you during your stay. He is awesome! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

This hotel had friendly staff, clean and up to date rooms, and a very nice breakfast. Breakfast included hot oatmeal bar, yogurt bar, fresh fruit, waffles, eggs, bacon, potatoes, Danish, cereal and juice. The hotel was fairly easy to find off the interstate. We've never stayed in a Country Inn and Suites before but I can promise you, we'll be looking for one on our next trip!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
cisannapolisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!
pittsburgh, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed here overnight on our way to Ocean City. The hotels was well manicured and looked nice on the outside. We enjoyed the warm evening on the porch. The lobby was very nice and had a lending library and dvds for rent (very reasonably priced). Check in was fast and the desk person was very helpful. There were fresh baked cookies in the lobby at all times. The room, which was a king suite, was very comfortable. The only downside was the air-conditioner in our room was very loud, but we still got a great nights sleep. The pool is small but was warm. The free breakfast was very good. A lot of variety such as eggs, waffles, cereal etc... Overall, It was reasonably priced and a nice place to stay. We will stay there again next year

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.