“Value for money”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Was there for a business event in Washington. However since most hotels were expensive and charged for parking we booked a hotel away from the city. One of the days we missed the bus we had booked for the vent. The hotel has a fre cab which ferrys you to the subway station and back. The staff was helpful and they ferried us to the subway station and we made it to the evnt on time. They have a complimentary breakfast service which was really good. The beds were huge and the room comfortable. We had freee cable as well. enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 16 November 2009

The staff at this hotel are a delight, particularly Taleisha on Front Desk.
Customer service and attention to guest needs seems to be their speciality. Friendly and kind, a very homely place.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2009

We checked into 2 rooms. I was checked into another guest room. When I notified the clerk, i was placed in a room and the bathroom door was off the hinges, the alarm clock was set for 12:30 am. In the second room my collegue found a used bar of soap under the bottom mattress. When she tried to use the desk top outlet for a computer connection the socket was detached from the face plate which could have resulted in a wire short and fire hazard.

I notified the clerk of the problems and he indicated he was not authorized to solve my problem. After mulitple unreturned calls, I was told that the best that could be done was to provide a 20% discount. I feel I went out of the way to provide County Inn & Suites constructive criticsm in order to improve their operation that would benefit future guests and their success as business. I feel the general manager was arrogant, only offered to investiage and did not take the time to return my calls.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank CEO5
Reviewed 19 October 2009

I was pleased to be able to check in quickly after a long tiring day. The staff was excellent and I was even impressed with all the new improvements in the Hotel. I had stayed here years ago and currently have to stay in the area for an ongoing project off and on. My production team and I are looking forward to frequenting this comfy hotel. The pool is really relaxing and wonderful to dip in after a long day. The jacuzzi was very nice, perfect temp, and was the perfect medicine for my sore achy muscles. I had a great sleep, beds are very comfortable. The rooms are very clean, really big and everything was in order and just right. I asked about the new improvements going on and the staff apologized but also told me about the great changes that they are going through to improve the hotel. I really did not mind as it did not affect my stay there. I just can not wait to see the finished product, it already looks great. I am definetly going to bring my kids next time we visit Annapolis to enjoy the pool and festivities Annapolis has to offer. The staff was really helpful in helping us plan some fun activities for our stay. I have stayed in many Hotels and this one has always been a favorite, just because of the friendly staff and great location. My team and I had a great time on the town and we were minutes from the Maryland Renassiance Festival, which was also a lot of fun. The Hotels shuttle service was great and had us at our destinations in no time flat. The location has restuarants very close and is an excellent Hotel to stay in for the cost conscious traveler. If you or a family member are looking for a friendly, clean , and relaxing place to stay in Annapolis. I would highly recommend the Country Inn and Suites!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We've stayed at this inn 3 times over the past 6 years. The first two times, we found it to be a pleasant experience and the shuttle service reliable and convenient. This time was very different. Though our room was clean, the common areas were not. The hallway carpeting wasn't vacuumed during our 3-day visit and was very noticeably dirty, and the bathroom by the lobby area had an overflowing trash can and paper/water on the floor. Overall, the facility seemed tired and in need of some good maintenance and upgrading. (Eg, our room was missing a mirror, so the unpainted wall and glue was what we got to see; the remote was held together with duct tape; some towels were very thin and frayed.) And though the staff were always courteous, they seemed less experienced or professional than before. We heard the inn was struggling with high staff turnover. There was nothing so bad that some good management couldn't fix (eg, basics are still fine; breakfast satisfactory) but I would not return unless these issues were fixed.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2009

This suite hotel is a very pleasant stay for someone travelling or using it as a base. We had a 1 bed suite which though a little dark as it was at the back of the building was otherwise fine. It was clean and the bed was probably the best i have ever slept in. The pull out bed however was not very comfortable for our son who is 6'2". It's probably more suited to a smaller child. The location is somewhat out of towm but there is a shuttle from the hotel. If you wanted to be in the centre of Annapolis this is probably not a good choice. There is no bar or restaurant on site but plenty of great restaurants nearby and in the centre of Annapolis. Overall it was good value and a pleasant stay. The staff were very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2009

Our third stay here was WAY different than the first two.(see earlier review) The main changes were that the hotel was "full" due to a Naval Academy event and we arrived in the evening and were given a room on the ground floor. The staff seemed much less concerned with our stay this time. The room was not as clean as it should have been and it was DAMP. Our son has asthma and all kinds of mold allergies and I was concerned for his health. The ground floor is partly under ground and the pool is located here. We were not able to move to another room due to their policy that they assign rooms when you arrive...they were full and so it didn't matter that I had made our reservation weeks earlier. When I packed our clothes hanging in the closet they were damp...yuck. The room had a funky musty smell. Also, in the "basement" you can forget about wireless hi speed internet....it is no big deal if it is free if you can not access it! To top it off, I was sent a survey of our stay to fill out by email and I told them all the bad things about our stay and even about one good employee and guess what....I never received any feedback from them!! So, now I have to say ....stay here ONLY if you are on one of the upper floors and do not expect consistent customer service.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family