“Oh My God, No!”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
va
“Oh My God, No!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2010

I stayed in this place over the New Year's weekend. It was infested with noisy families, partying teens, and some unscrupulous-looking streetish people.

Almost all week, I felt like someone had left the microwave oven on high, and I was almost deathly ill in the room where I stayed. I'm sure there was an explanation for this.

I could not get cab service or a shuttle for several days. The management there stinks because they did nothing about it. When I told them I was stranded and that I had observed some unusual neighbors, I got the boot.

Let's just say, I gave Annapolis something in return to remember me by. It might make them think twice about ruining my stay.

Stayed January 2010
2 Thank around10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Cambridge
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

A thoroughly dissatisfying hotel. Our family had counted on using the swimming pool during the daytime, but on arrival discovered that it was only open from 6-10pm. We had looked forward to using the exercise room, but found that each of the three exercise machines was inoperable. Of the complimentary breakfast food, apples were the only remotely healthy option and all were bruised. Even the cookies that were supposed to be available throughout the day were nowhere to be seen.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2009

Was there for a business event in Washington. However since most hotels were expensive and charged for parking we booked a hotel away from the city. One of the days we missed the bus we had booked for the vent. The hotel has a fre cab which ferrys you to the subway station and back. The staff was helpful and they ferried us to the subway station and we made it to the evnt on time. They have a complimentary breakfast service which was really good. The beds were huge and the room comfortable. We had freee cable as well. enjoyed our stay

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2009

The staff at this hotel are a delight, particularly Taleisha on Front Desk.
Customer service and attention to guest needs seems to be their speciality. Friendly and kind, a very homely place.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2009

We checked into 2 rooms. I was checked into another guest room. When I notified the clerk, i was placed in a room and the bathroom door was off the hinges, the alarm clock was set for 12:30 am. In the second room my collegue found a used bar of soap under the bottom mattress. When she tried to use the desk top outlet for a computer connection the socket was detached from the face plate which could have resulted in a wire short and fire hazard.

I notified the clerk of the problems and he indicated he was not authorized to solve my problem. After mulitple unreturned calls, I was told that the best that could be done was to provide a 20% discount. I feel I went out of the way to provide County Inn & Suites constructive criticsm in order to improve their operation that would benefit future guests and their success as business. I feel the general manager was arrogant, only offered to investiage and did not take the time to return my calls.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank CEO5
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

I was pleased to be able to check in quickly after a long tiring day. The staff was excellent and I was even impressed with all the new improvements in the Hotel. I had stayed here years ago and currently have to stay in the area for an ongoing project off and on. My production team and I are looking forward to frequenting this comfy hotel. The pool is really relaxing and wonderful to dip in after a long day. The jacuzzi was very nice, perfect temp, and was the perfect medicine for my sore achy muscles. I had a great sleep, beds are very comfortable. The rooms are very clean, really big and everything was in order and just right. I asked about the new improvements going on and the staff apologized but also told me about the great changes that they are going through to improve the hotel. I really did not mind as it did not affect my stay there. I just can not wait to see the finished product, it already looks great. I am definetly going to bring my kids next time we visit Annapolis to enjoy the pool and festivities Annapolis has to offer. The staff was really helpful in helping us plan some fun activities for our stay. I have stayed in many Hotels and this one has always been a favorite, just because of the friendly staff and great location. My team and I had a great time on the town and we were minutes from the Maryland Renassiance Festival, which was also a lot of fun. The Hotels shuttle service was great and had us at our destinations in no time flat. The location has restuarants very close and is an excellent Hotel to stay in for the cost conscious traveler. If you or a family member are looking for a friendly, clean , and relaxing place to stay in Annapolis. I would highly recommend the Country Inn and Suites!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Vermont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2009

We've stayed at this inn 3 times over the past 6 years. The first two times, we found it to be a pleasant experience and the shuttle service reliable and convenient. This time was very different. Though our room was clean, the common areas were not. The hallway carpeting wasn't vacuumed during our 3-day visit and was very noticeably dirty, and the bathroom by the lobby area had an overflowing trash can and paper/water on the floor. Overall, the facility seemed tired and in need of some good maintenance and upgrading. (Eg, our room was missing a mirror, so the unpainted wall and glue was what we got to see; the remote was held together with duct tape; some towels were very thin and frayed.) And though the staff were always courteous, they seemed less experienced or professional than before. We heard the inn was struggling with high staff turnover. There was nothing so bad that some good management couldn't fix (eg, basics are still fine; breakfast satisfactory) but I would not return unless these issues were fixed.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business