“Outstanding Brunch!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Greenbank, Washington
“Outstanding Brunch!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We have been here a couple of times and both times have been excellent! They do not take reservations so either go early or be prepared for a bit of a wait. You can always have one of their brunch cocktails while you are waiting. Shirley's version of a Bloody Mary is really good. I also recommend the grapefruit crush. There is a huge variety of brunch items to choose from on the menu. You can go very basic with eggs, meat and potatoes OR you can have something much more decadent with seafood and steak. Many items have a Cajun spin to them. No matter what I order I make sure I my side choice is the grits. They are delicious - made with mascarpone and bacon - yum! If you are looking for a great brunch experience, this is the place to go.

Columbia, Maryland
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Today, my husband decided to go to Miss Shirley's because we had heard so many people say great things about this restaurant especially this one in Annapolis. When we walked in the hostess told us that it would be a ten minute wait which was fine. Less than five minutes, we were seated.There was many items on the menu to choose from. We were really hungry so I ordered the Chicken tenders and Waffles with Cinnamon Dusting waffles instead of the ones that it comes with as well as the side of grits. My husband orders the Bayou Omelet with hash browns and the waffles with the white chocolate chips on them. The food was good however there was some hits and misses. The grits were the best tasting thing I ate out of what we both ordered. The chicken tenders were dry but our waiter Mark brought me some fresh ones and they tasted much better. The Cinnamon waffles were really good. My husband like the omelet and the white chocolate chip waffles, however, he was not a fan of the hash browns. They did not have much taste to me. Overall the service was good and we will be back to try other things on the menu. I am definitely looking forward to those grits again. They were divine!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nothing Ordinary!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My Honey and I visited this restaurant for the first time on a week day last week. The decor was very attractive, colorful, and spacious. We were greeted by friendly and courteous staff; our server was very knowledgeable of the menu selections. There were so many unique menu items that I was glad to have taken a preview before arriving. Items included usual breakfast items, but featured fried green tomatoes, crab cakes, seafood omelette and diverse, Maryland style seasoning options. The cost is a bit more that the usual breakfast/brunch, but this IS NOT the usual breakfast/brunch experience, and most portions are large enough to share. Further, I had a mimosa and one was enough. (Lol) Another tip I'd like to add is that parking at the Westin Hotel lot is complimentary upon request of a card from the restaurant. I can't wait for my next visit.

Washington DC
“A Trip to a Bountiful Breakfast”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Imagine succulent lobster, tender shrimp, delicious lump crabmeat perfectly blended in an expertly crafted three egg omelet. Well, no need to imagine it, you can get the Seafood Trio Omelet at Miss Shirley's Café. A great spot with three locations...two in Baltimore and one in Annapolis. Miss Shirley is very popular and they don't take reservations. But, I assure you that the food is definitely worth waiting for...and, I am not the most patient patron. Among the other favorites at this restaurant are the sweet potato biscuits with jalapeno mango jam - oh so good!
There are pancakes, grits and French Toast - oh my!

This is a fantastic breakfast/brunch spot. Oh, and don't forget the great drinks....Miss Shirley's Crush is my personal favorite.

Great food, great service and great drinks...what else could you want? GO!

Green Cove Springs, Florida
“Awesome Brunch”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

First time to Miss Shirley's. Came with wife, son and his significant other for a late morning Sunday brunch. They said 1/2 hour wait but really only about 15 minutes. Sat inside in big comfortable booth and when handed the menus we just stared in amazement. Everything sounded great. It is a very interesting menu with creative dishes. We started with the signature bloody mary and each ordered a different meal. All were perfect. A great find for us. We will be back.

• Visited September 2013