“Super service with a smile”

Miss Shirley's Cafe
Ranked #11 of 358 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Can't beat delicious food served well, period! The menu at Miss Shirley's Cafe is extensive and covers classic brunch favorites as well as special offerings based on crab or fried green tomatoes. This is a popular venue with locals and visitors so every table is taken routinely but staff is very proficient in keeping tables tended and turned over to minimize wait. Our server was exceptional and anticipated every need. I would rate her (Rachel) among the very best ever.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Went to Shirley's on a short trip from DC. Wait was shorter than originally stated. Owner spoke personally with me about gluten free options. I had the gf Danish pancakes. I had the cream cheese topping on the side. Lots of sugar and cinnamon. It was delicious. Not used to eating breakfast out. It was great! Will return when in the area.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

From previous reviews, we knew we were probably going to have to wait on a table for Sunday brunch. We did have to wait, but only about 20 minutes. Waiting for a table wasn't problematic for us, the problem started after we were seated at a table. The service was very poor. It took our waitress quite some time before coming to our table to take our orders. She never offered water and we had to ask for glasses of water. The couple next to us was seated AFTER us, however, their order was taken, the food was delivered to their table, they finished their meal and left as we were just getting our food. In fact, three other tables came in after us and received their food before us. We didn't order anything out of the ordinary, in fact, my husband had the same order as the table next to us. I had the chicken and waffles and it was good, but not fabulous. My husband had the cinnamon roll French toast which he said very good. We both enjoyed Shirley's Crush, which is a wonderful fruity cocktail. The hostess and our waitress were pleasant. I don't know if the wait was worth it.

BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

We’re disappointed to hear about your recent experience with Miss Shirley’s Café. We always strive to provide our guests with exceptional service at all of our locations and we apologize that this was not the case with your visit. If you ever have an issue, please seek out a manager so that we can fix any issue immediately. We are always looking to grow and improve and so we thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Located in Annapolis directly next to the Westin. They have a very diverse menu for a breakfast/lunch spot and they use a creative combination of flavors. Portions were large. They also have a nice selection of alcoholic drinks appropriate for brunch. We were very pleasantly surprised, but should not have been based on the large number of awards they have won. Service was also excellent and even though I didn't catch a mistake on my bill, our waitress, Amanda, did notice it when she went to charge the credit card and fixed the mistake. Overall we were very pleased and we will return. Good location, good food, good service. No wonder it was crowded.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We have been here a couple of times and both times have been excellent! They do not take reservations so either go early or be prepared for a bit of a wait. You can always have one of their brunch cocktails while you are waiting. Shirley's version of a Bloody Mary is really good. I also recommend the grapefruit crush. There is a huge variety of brunch items to choose from on the menu. You can go very basic with eggs, meat and potatoes OR you can have something much more decadent with seafood and steak. Many items have a Cajun spin to them. No matter what I order I make sure I my side choice is the grits. They are delicious - made with mascarpone and bacon - yum! If you are looking for a great brunch experience, this is the place to go.