“Miss Shirley's for Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Miss Shirley's

Miss Shirley's
Ranked #8 of 348 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Miss Shirley's for Breakfast”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had as short wait to be seated at a table for 2 for breakfast at Miss Shirley's Cafe in Annapolis on a Friday morning. We were not given one of those pagers, but they did take our name. Unfortunately the hostess was inexperienced and tried to seat another party that came in after us before giving us our table. Other than that snafu, we were pleased with the service and the food. Food is fresh, well prepared and prompt.

• Visited May 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Gluten friendly menu?! Sign me up!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

As per usual I scouted the menu before I arrive combing for items which could be GF friendly. Imagine my surprise when I sat down and the waiter said they had GF sandwich bread and GF pancakes. Wha?!? I got more giddy than a kid at Christmas. He went on to describe potential areas of cross contamination that I needed to be aware of. Wow!!! Color me impressed and thrilled.

Their menu is vast and is friendly to just about anyone, including small humans. Their pricing is quite reasonable and their food and service is excellent.

PS I had the GF blueberry pancakes. They were devine.

Westfield, New Jersey
“Worth the Wait!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had to wait 45 minutes to be seated at a table for four for breakfast at Miss Shirley's Cafe in Annapolis on a Sunday morning. I hate waiting for a table, especially this long. Since we were given one of those restaurant waiting pagers, instead of waiting outside with everyone else, we took a short walk. Luckily the day was a beautiful day for walking.

At last when we were seated, I was not that happy and expected a disappointing experience. It was the opposite. All the wait staff was smiling, gracious, nice, attentive and responsive in a timely manner to every request.

Shirley's has the traditional breakfast items and then the no-traditional items. We all decided to order non-traditional items; and of course we each had a taste of each other's dish. Two of us ordered Chicken 'N Waffles. They were spectacular. One ordered Coconut Cream Stuffed French Toast. I usually do not order French Toast when eating out, since I could make it myself at home. I could never make these! They were delicious.

I ordered the Southern Slammer Sandwich. It has fried green tomato, bacon, avocado, cheddar cheese and fried eggs on pumpernickel bread that is grilled like how you would get a Reuben. It was outstanding. This dish also came with a side of grits, also out of this world. One more thing about all of these dishes - they are gigantic! We should have order three dishes instead of four, because we wound up taking out about half of the French Toast and half of a Chicken 'N Waffles plate. Don't worry - we ate them later! I guess they are used to take out. The waiters gave us plastic utensils, napkins and a plastic bag.

If you are in Annapolis, I strongly recommend you eat here for breakfast/brunch.

• Visited May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Would return in a heartbeat!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Visited Miss Shirley's over the weekend with family and we felt so welcomed! The manager greeted our table and inquire about the previously reported peanut allergy he then explained that they are a very strict no peanut restaurant and go above and beyond to ensure it remains a peanut free zone. Our meals came out in a timely manner and were hot and fresh. Every one enjoyed their meals. I had the shrimp and grits which was amazing, I'll even go as far to say the best in the area. Everyone cleared their plates and were happy with the choice to have breakfast here. We will surely return in the near future.

Visited May 2014
“Going back tomorrow morning”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent breakfast! Ordered off the kids menu for 7 & 9 year old. Plenty of food, even for an older child. Came served in a Bento box--very cute. Husband had the eggs/bacon/homemade biscuit and I had a house speciality of coconut stuffed French toast. Everyone left well sated. 20 minute wait was worth it. We got there at 9:30. Wait was probably longer by the time we were leaving. Wait staff was pleasant and attentive.