“Annapolis Yacht Club”

Cuisines: American
Annapolis, Maryland
“Annapolis Yacht Club”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Private club open to members and guests of reciprocating yacht clubs. Food is excellent and atmosphere is pleasant. Gorgeous view of harbor.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Marianne H

Kenwood, California
“Stuffy but nice”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Nice views if you sit outside. The food is a bit pricey but good. The wait staff is friendly and helpful.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kris132
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Fancy Food, but the Good Old Burger is Terrific”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The Annapolis Yacht club in this wonderfully storied and historic Maryland city is a beautiful place inside (Clubby, warm and and elegant) and outside (Splendid view of the water and the Yachts). It is not cheap and you need to be a member or know a member to dine there, but the service and food are really good. I sampled the Calamari, crabs and terrific crab dip from the free appetizer cart and also had the Sherry Scented Lobster Mac and Cheese from the menu.(My dish as well as my brother's Hamburger were reasonably priced, but as I said, you can go awfully up-scale like that and I understand from members that the expensive items are well worth the price. My quibble was that there was not nearly enough Lobster in the Lobster Mac and Cheese to know if it was Sherry Scented or not. It was still pretty good.The service was (As usual I'm told) terrific even though the place was jammed on this weekend night. There are large dining areas on the main floor, upstairs and downstairs, so the place can and does accomodate special banquets. My brother's Burger was terrific, holding its own with some of the best burgers in Philly and New York.
This is also one of the few remaining restaurants where you actually need to dress up to dine there. (Business casual...collared shirts, slacks and shoes...but no requirement for sport jackets and ties). It's kind of fun to actually dress up once in a while to go out and the crowd there, young, old and in the middle, was looking fine. Also, since you are technically on a military base, there is a moment (As in military bases) where everything stops and everyone stands to face the colors...a moving touch that lets you know you are not in an ordinary setting. In that sense, the Yacht club and the town remind me of parts of San Diego. Finally, if you listen to the discussions around you carefully, you will think you have stumbled into the middle of the Republican National Convention. Nevertheless, it's still all good.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank TommyBoy94
Powell, Wyoming
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Went here as guests of my brother who recieved a membership through the naval academy. We were sat upstairs with a gorgeous view. The waitstaff was extremely attentive and we had drinks ordered immeadiately. The cream of crab soup was to die for and served with a shot of sherry. All the main dishes do not come with soup or salad so order either if you want. I had crab cakes (my favorite) with potatoes and asparagus. The crab cakes were to die for! Best I have EVER had. They had a gluten free section for my sister and were able to easily help her find somthing to suit her needs. Everyone LOVED thier food. The big hit of the night was a wasabi salmon. My dad who usually does not eat fish LOVED it. We also all had dessert. The red velvet cake was wonderful, however the molton chocolate cake was even better. I left my sunglasses at the table and they held them for me and when I came back to get them they knew who I was. WONDERFUL TIME!!!!

Visited May 2012
Annaapolis, MD
“Romantic Atmosphere and View”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The food is delicious and the view and atmosphere is splendid.
Great place to have a function if you want to impress your guests.

Visited April 2012