“Excellent value, service, location” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Excellent value, service, location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel was centrally located within easy walking distance of everything you want to do in Annapolis, and on the free trolley route that circulates every 10 minutes or so. Clean, spacious rooms, friendly attentive staff, will give you great tips on places to go and sights to see. McGarveys raw bar happy hour is a must. We will definitely return. And gladly! This hotel and it's staff goes above and beyond to make you want to come back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert R, Manager at O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear leonidas k,

The staff and I would like to thank you for your kind words about the staff and hotel.O'Callaghan's
goal is to exceed the needs of our customers. Your patronage and continue loyalty are very important to us. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for choosing O'Callaghan's and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Robert Russell
robert.russell@ocallaghanhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We visited the O'Callaghan Annapolis this past weekend for the St Patricks Day parade.The hotel is immaculate in all areas. The staff was so helpful and pleasant. The hotel is within walking distance of attractions in downtown Annapolis and its many restaurants. We ate at the hotels restaurant and the service was wonderful and the potato soup was delicious. We will now be looking into staying at an O'Callaghan during our future trip to Ireland.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear momodo57,

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and hotel. We will be sure to pass them on to our staff. If we can be of assistance when you make your accommodation arrangements for your trip to Ireland please feel free to contact us.

Robert Russell
robert.russell@ocallaghanhotels.com
Claremont, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed at the O'Callaghan Annapolis for three nights when I was in town on business. At first glance, the property is nice enough looking, and the front desk staff and valet were friendly. The lobby was a bit bare-bones, in my opinion. I was given room 510, a king room with a small balcony (it was narrow and overlooked some buildings, and since I was visiting in March I didn't use it). The first morning I was there, the toilet stopped flushing (it was not clogged). I had to leave for work, but I left a note for the housekeeper and by the time I returned late afternoon, it appeared to have been fixed. Well, later that night the same thing happened, and since it was late I used a public restroom in the lobby and went to bed. The next morning I spoke to the front desk and was told a maintenance man would address the issue that day. Again, I got back in the afternoon and the toilet still didn't work. So on my last night at the hotel, I was given a different room, and packed my things and moved, just to pack up and leave the next day. The water pressure in the shower of the new room was pretty minimal, and I was a bit surprised the front desk didn't offer me anything knowing that the toilet was broken my entire stay. Also, in both rooms I noticed that there was no mattress pad on the bed--the fitted sheet was just placed directly on top of the bare mattress, which I find to be an unsanitary practice for a hotel. In general, I was not satisfied with the facilities of the hotel, or the service overall. I will not stay here again, and would happily pay a bit more to stay at the Loews or Westin.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Samantha F
Dear Samatha F,

We do apologize for the experience you had during your stay. O'Callaghans goal is to exceed the needs of our customers. Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Ocean View, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We had such an excellent time on Friday evening due largely to our stay at the O'Callaghan Hotel. We received excellent service from every staff member. The hotel's pub had a $3 happy hour that evening (are we lucky or what?). The hotel is close to everything in downtown Annapolis. Perfect place to stay! We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Albert M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Laura w,
I am pleased that your stay exceeded your expectations. I appreciate the kind words about our staff and Happy Hour. We run Happy Hour Monday through Fridays weekly, should you come back.
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Even though our stay was impromptu, we were greeted warmly by the friendly hostess. There was cider being heated in the lobby. It was hot and very welcome on that cold night.
The room was okay. It was not overly warm (as in not sure the heat was working well). The furnishings were dated but everything was clean.
It was a great deal having used an app that linked to last minute deals.
It was great for a last minute stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear DVJDW,

Thank you for your review. The lobby gives us a chance to give away unexpected goodies like the cider. I am pleased you enjoyed it. It would be great if you can contact me on what room was not heating properly. Thank you for staying with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We only stayed one night, but the room was nice, the staff was great, and the bed was comfortable.
I have a couple of requirements with hotel rooms; a comfortable bed and a coffee maker, this room had both. Added benefits was a refrigerator and a window that opened. The bed also had a nice comforter with beautiful sheets.
In the evening, they had warm apple cider in the lobby which was a nice touch. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Albert M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear CPS59,

Thank you for the five star review. I appreciate your comments about our offerings and staff. Please come back.
Wernersville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Last minute trip to Annapolis and found this hotel online. Valet parking for 20 dollars - room was only 109 plus taxes for a Friday night. Check in and check out was very easy. Hotel was empty as it was off season. Hotel bar and restaurant were very quiet. Friendly doorman with nice recommendations for local cuisine. Close enough to walk all over Annapolis. Plenty of taxis available. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was fine. Room had large flat screen and small fridge. Close to Ram's Head Tavern for great music.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jandjlove2boat
Albert M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Jandjlove2boat,

I appreciate the nice review during your stay with us. Generally, the winter season is slow in Annapolis. Please come back.
albert.montone@ocallaghanhtotels.com