“Shabby but close to everything”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel on a groupon and was not impressed. I would definitely not go here again as there are a ton of better options. There are a ton of cute B&Bs and the Westin looked amazing. Basically it was dark, dreary and in disrepair. The soap dish was hanging off the wall in the shower and the tile caulk work was is great disrepair. My refrigerator made terrible sounds. There was a very ugly mirrored closet door. My room was at the end of a very dark (almost too dark to find the door) hallway. It turned out a light bulb was burnt out in the hallway ceiling and I asked for it to be fixed, but it never was. Also, to park at the hotel they require valet and its $20, so add that to your bill upfront. Finally, my only window had a view of the trashcans and an alley/parking area.

On the plus side, it was very close to downtown and the water (less than a mile from basically everything in downtown Annapolis). It was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Robert R, Manager at O'Callaghan Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear kristinawm,

Please accept our apology for your experience during your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to let us know where we need to improve. If you would like to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family took advantage of reduced-price vouchers online in January for this hotel in anticipation of an event in July. We had never stayed here before and really knew nothing about the facility. We were greeted warmly by the entire staff, enjoyed rooms side-by-side as promised, and had delightful service and food in the restaurant (delicious dinner and hot buffet breakfast). The kids, being kids, were disappointed that there was no swimming pool, but we adults appreciated the easy walk to the harbor area and the accessibility to several places we wanted to visit. Yes, we would most definitely stay at the O'Callaghan again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susanne623

Dear Susanne623,

Thank you for the kind review of the staff and hotel. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Annapolis.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My previous stay here was highlighted by multiple used condom wrappers in the nightstand. Problem is the staff was excellent. Room kinda dirty, but, again, great staff. So we decide to return. Absolutely filthy room/carpet, (carpet was disgusting) toilet wont flush anything down,(called maintenance-no change) mirror in the bathroom busted and ready to fall off; pillows were horrible, air conditioning unit that sounded like a 747 and the staff did not have the same effect on me as before. Get my valet parked car and the entire thing is covered in some type of sap from a tree??? turned on to the street into the sun and was blinded when I tried to wash it off with the wipers. I really like older hotels, but, alas, next trip to a show at Rams Head we'll be staying at Loews or Marriott for a couple bucks more money but at least they hold the bar a bit higher.

Room Tip: No idea, go to Loews two blocks down or Marriott on the waterfront.
1  Thank jim b
Robert R, Manager at O'Callaghan Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear jim b,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write the review of the hotel. We appreciate you letting us know our short falls and where improvement is needed. We will work to correct these items immediately. We plan to refurbish our facility very soon. Should you wish to discuss your stay any further, please contact me directly. I do apologize for the inordinate amount of condition items you pointed out. Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We all met in Annapolis-centrally located and my brother reserved our rooms here. It is elegant but not fussy and in a good location-15 minute walk to the marina or the complementary trolley stops right in front of the hotel. Extremely pleasant and helpful staff; Jackie (?), at the front desk, was informative and friendly. Our rooms were clean and nice and the complementary coffee in the lobby was appreciated. My mother and I shared a suite, which was nice (huge patio!!), but we thought it odd that it did not have a fold out couch in the sitting room-no big deal, but we had to do some room juggling so my brother and his daughter(18 years old) were not sleeping in the one bed together (eek!). Our one breakfast at the hotel (we didn't do the buffet, but I guess that is what is offered on the weekends) was good, but a block and half west in Miss Shirley's, an Annapolis icon-yummy, interesting food! FYI-no good parking options, it seems, in Annapolis. Although the hotel valet is $20/day, it was convenient and, it seems, a decent value for the area. We enjoyed our stay here and would return again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Robert R, Manager at O'Callaghan Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear rnerin,

We are pleased that we meet your needs while you and your family stayed with us. I will pass on your comments to the staff and Jackie. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Annapolis.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The location is the key to O'Callaghan. Easy to walk anywhere you want to go from here. Rooms clean, ours was quiet, service was also good. Loved that we didn't have to worry about parking too. Would stay here again.

Dear DRL615,

Thanks for the great review. We look forward to serving your lodging needs the next time you are in Annapolis.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel served it's purpose for our one night stay in Annapolis. It's within walking distance to the City Dock area of the city and on the same street as many great restaurants and bars. However, the location is the only positive comment I have for this hotel along with it pricing itself below the Westin and Loews. The decor in the room is extremely outdated and the furnishings were so minimal the room felt empty. When we arrived every drawer in the nightstand and dresser were pulled open, which I never encountered in any other hotel. The wallpaper was peeling in certain areas and the carpets had a stains throughout. The bathroom only had a half roll of toilet paper so we needed to call housekeeping for more toilet paper. I also found the wifi connection to be poor as I was disconnected multiple times. I expected much more from a hotel that cost $300 a night. I realize we paid for location and a weekend in June, but the hotel needs to feel more inviting.

1  Thank IRun2Eat

Dear IRun2Eat,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for the condition of the room you stayed in, the poor internet connection and the housekeeping issues. We take your comments seriously and will strive to correct all. We are sorry for the inconvenience this must have caused you. If you wish to discuss your stay with us further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Really a wonderful location for walking the downtown Annapolis area. Our room was nice but could have really used a good vacuuming. The front staff was just ok! Had more luck talking with the Valet. The best was the lovely English lady working the bar & restaurant. She was great!
Yes I would recommend staying here but then I didn't really check out their competition.

Dear Colleen D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Thank you for also letting us know where improvement is needed.