“Fresh seafood from net to table.”

Wild Country Seafood
Ranked #111 of 358 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Wild Country started as a fish market, selling the days catch (Oysters, rockfish, perch...) But now serves lunch all year, and dinner spring thru fall. Simple straight ahead wonderfully prepared seafood. Fair priced. A bit hard to find and park, but well worth it.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Found this little gem on TripAdvisor when searching for a place to meet some family (all of us coming from out of town). Once again, TripAdvisor did not fail!

Tucked away on a small street in the Eastport area of Annapolis, this restaurant has only outdoor picnic tables with great big umbrellas. But, oh, how cute the setup. Condiment holder shaped like boats adorn the wall outside. Order inside and they'll bring your food to you outside.

The food is easily some of the best seafood and french fries around. That's saying something in a town like Annapolis. On the mixed seafood platter, the scallops were soft and tender, melting away in my mouth. The french fries were crispy. The fried clams were average, but the shrimp more than made up for it. The crabcake, though, was absolutely the standout. Made with lump crabmeat and fried to perfection, this was easily one of the singlest best crabcakes I've ever consumed... and I've eaten a lot of crabcakes.

Check their website as the hours vary by season, but go if you get the chance. You will not be sorry!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I recently visited Annapolis. After reading the reviews for Wild Country Seafood we decided to go there for dinner. It is hard to find but well worth the effort. I had the crab cake platter and my husband had the seafood combo. Both were fried (sometimes the diet can be forgotten) and came with fries and coleslaw. Our meals were excellent and very reasonably priced. The seafood was obviously fresh. There are only a few tables outside. It was a beautiful afternoon so we didn't mind sitting outside.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

You'll need your GPS to find Wild Country, and don't be put off by its unassuming exterior. We ordered a bushel of crabs for a large group of us to take back to our house, and they were very good...sweet and seasoned with a mix a tad spicier (as in hotter) than the traditional old bay.

Two quick comments: their hours, particular during the week, are very limited. So make sure to call or check their website. Second, if you're ordering a bushel, make sure you call a couple days in advance. That way, you can have them ready and waiting for you when you come in.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Wild Country is hard to find - situated at the end of a short, dead-end street by the Maritime Museum, it is worth the search. Fishermen for 47 years, Wild Country knows its crabs, oysters (raised in private beds) and fish. The restaurant is out of the seafood market storefront. Everything on the menu is great. Take it to go or eat outside under the hula-skirted umbrellas (with boat shaped condiment holders on the fence). Wild Country only serves what's in season. Recently my husband, son and I ate delicious soft shell crab sandwiches. I also love their fried clam strips, oysters, and fish sandwiches. Everything is fresh and cooked perfectly. It is the best option for seafood in Annapolis - just a little ways off the tourist path.

Been to Wild Country Seafood? Share your experiences!