“Terrific, casual breakfast spot with great jazz”

49 West Coffeehouse, Winebar & Gallery
Ranked #4 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Annapolis
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cathedral
Transit: we have about 4 bus stops near 49 West and taxis are available everywhere
Description: 49 West has an ambiance that is replicated all through Europe but brought to you right here in Annapolis!We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. There are plentiful amounts of wines by the glass and a nice mixture of bourbons, cognacs and martinis. Thinking of dessert? 49 West has a wonderful display of delectable choices that will please your sweet desire!Check out the menu and visit us for a meal or when the need to get together with friends acquire a great place to talk and a cocktail! There is world class music nightly so be sure to check the calendar of events to see your favorite musician. Reservations are strongly recommended so please call us at the cafe.We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Had a nice Sunday breakfast here accompanied by brazilian jazz. If we lived in the area, this would be a regular spot. Definitely worth the 45 minute drive while visiting friends in the DC area.
Give it a try --- seems good at other times of day too.

Yes, they have outdoor seating -- limited and next to the parking lot.

There are newer reviews for 49 West Coffeehouse, Winebar & Gallery

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

You can't go wrong here. The food is really good, the coffee superb, the ambiance relaxed, and all with awesome staff. They are doing things right in this place. If you want to relax for awhile or grab a quick bite with a latte, I would definitely recommend 49 West. The crab scallion quiche is great, complete with real chunks lump crab meat that you can actually taste (a more flavorful but lesser quantity of cheese could make it even better). The cappuccino was also fantastic. All around one of my favorite spots in dowtown Annapolis.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

My husband and I have gone there several time for coffee and desert. They often have live music but the restaurant is split into separate sections so you can also chose a more quiet area in the book lined front of the restaurant. They have great desserts.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Nice selection of wines to choose from and the desserts are mouth-watering! We stopped one evening after dinner to unwind with a few glasses of wine and some chocolate cake. Nice place and very good service.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I wish I could have spent more time in this cute little place. I had to get my coffee to go each morning, but it was the best latte I could find and the place has a great atmosphere...pulls you right in!