“Thursday night oyster special”

McGarvey's Saloon and Oyster Bar
Ranked #28 of 350 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Thursday night oyster special”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

On a freezing cold night with icy winds, we ventured out after a long day at USNA to Philips Seafood, but it was closed. Not eager to walk all over town in the nippy cold, we walked into the warm and inviting atmosphere of McGarvey's. I immediately liked this place. Our waiter was very nice and appropriately attentive. We arrived in time for Thursday night oyster happy hour; a pleasant surprise. We ordered two dozen. They were very fresh and delicious. We also each had a bowl of Maryland Vegetable soup. Very good on a cold day. Lots of vegetables (including corn), broth was good tomato-based, tasty, and satisfying. I would order it again. It was just the right amount. We had decadent flour less chocolate cake and key lime pie for desert. Both were incredible! A fun place with excellent oysters, good soup, friendly service and outstanding deserts. The portion sizes are excellent. Worth a trip.

Kodiak, Alaska
“Reliable & Fast”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We go here a time or two or three every time we go to see our midshipman at USNA. Always fast, excellent food and courteous service.

Visited May 2014
Severn, Maryland
“One of the best burgers”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had one of the best burgers I've ever had here. Juicy, nice char and great flavor! Add to that the fact you're in Historic Annapolis, right on the water and have a fine selection of drafts on tap and you are set.
I really enjoyed the food and the waitress was wonderful and pleasant. I will make it a regular stop when I'm in Annapolis in the future.

• Visited April 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
“A Class Gathering”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My USNA Class, 1961. the WGNAC, gathers at McGarvey's monthly and this month it included spouses and significant others. As usual, the service was great and the menu was tempting on many levels. I usually have calamari but since my lady was there, I had grilled chicken sandwich while she had chicken and artichoke salad sandwich. All fare was very good and a great time was had by all. There were about 36 or us for a great turnout.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Grant G
berkeley Hts, nj
“Crab Dip is to die for!!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We try to eat here on every visit to Annapolis. No matter what we order off the menu, everything is delicious. The crab dip was a hit as was the pretzel with crab dip.

Visited April 2014

Been to McGarvey's Saloon and Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!