“Great big disappointment!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our family all ordered the fish and chips. The fish was greasy and definitely not fresh. The fries not great. Sat near the kitchen and got a glimpse of it when the door would open-- absolutely filthy! Such a shame for an old landmark! Obviously just a tourist trap. Lesson learned for our next trip to Annapolis!

1  Thank Beachliferyankee

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This very old establishment has a nice front outdoor dinner area that attracted us for a late lunch. It was a fairly busy day as we were there during Naval Academy graduation week. Took a good while for us to get our meals; my wife remembered it was a bit slow the last time we were there several years ago (I couldn't remember that).

Our food was very good, service was friendly. I would go again but I would probably try a few places around before I did.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The back porch is perfect for a casual meal -- one with lots of fried Seafood! They pour the water into plastic cups and and have paper napkins, kind of giving it a dive-type feel in sight of masts in the harbor. Inside looked a little fancier, but if the menu is the same I would keep it casual and sit out back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Living locally, I ahve been to MIddletons a number of times. The atmosphere is quaint and the place reeks of history. Unfortunately, it also reeks of stale food odors also which is especially off-putting to my wife. Food is just OK. This is more of a place for tourists to have an interesting eating experience. Not a place to anticipate great eating.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ate there for Mother's Day with a large group. The waiters were very snotty and not very service oriented. I had to get up and get ketchup my self while 3 waiters were standing around talking right by it. It took a long time to get refills. The prices were extremely high. The food was just ok. We had to go up 2 narrow flights of stairs with a stroller.

Been to Middleton Tavern? Share your experiences!