“If you want Steak ..this is it”
Review of Lewnes Steakhouse

Lewnes Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lewnes Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 356 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Severn Avenue
Transit: Water taxis drop off and pick up at the end of fourth street, less than a half block from the restaurants location.
Description: The Lewnes family has been serving fine food at this location since 1921. We trust that your dining experience with us will be a memorable one!
Reviewed 21 October 2013

If you are in the mood for a great steak, good wine and a quiet sophisticated dining area this is it...
I found the menu a bit stuffy but then again I am not a big fan of steak houses... I tend to prefer a more adventurous and interesting menu but all in all I would tell anyone to go here. The staff is very helpful, friendly and knows the menu.
This is far better than the Ruth's Chris down the same street...far better food and less attitude.
I would also say that this is a perfect spot for a business dinner since it is quiet and no one rushes you to turn the table...like most high end steak houses it is $$$$.

Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thanks for the kind words, Clare! I'm pleased to hear you enjoy everything from the food to the helpful, friendly staff. The next time you're in the area, I hope you'll return for another steak!

All the best,

There are newer reviews for Lewnes Steakhouse

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Crab cake not cooked through. Sent it back. Barely saw the previously very friendly and present waiter after that. Husband ordered steak medium....said he wanted some pink. Waiter told him to go med-well then. Steak came out well done. Potatoes were very greasy. We didn't say anything but were disappointed in our meal. The greek salad was excellent.

1  Thank msueb
Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

When you walk through our doors, you should always expect friendly service and a top-notch meal, and it seems as if we missed the mark here. I do wish you would have said something at the time, though. While we do make mistakes every once in a while, we'll always do everything in our power to fix them quickly and efficiently. After all, a steak should be cooked exactly to your liking! We'll hope to see you again the next time you're in the area; I'm confident we can serve up the meal you've come to expect from us.

Take care,

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

I was there for a dinner meeting, limited selections, however I asked my filet medium well & butterflied, server told me they could get med well without it, I had to send it back to compete cooking. Other sides were great

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the sides but would like to apologize for your filet. It's our hope that we satisfy our guests on the first try, and I'm sorry we fell slightly short of that. I hope you'll return if you're ever in the area!

Take care,

Reviewed 16 September 2013

For our first evening in Annapolis we chose Lewnes’ Steakhouse and were very happy with the decision. My wife and I arrived promptly for our reservation and were seated at a booth which offered quiet privacy.

The menu features the typical steakhouse selections along with an abundant wine list. We both ordered the tomato and onion salad. My wife added the blue cheese to hers. We followed with the Ribeye Steaks, both prepared as ordered, along with a side of hash browns and cream spinach. The sides are most adequate for two people. The steaks were tender and flavorful.

Our server was professional and allowed our dinner to proceed on our intended leisurely pace. Cocktails, like the rest of the menu are priced quite modestly, and were a good pour.
In comparing Lewnes’ to the national premium steakhouses (The Palm, Capital Grille, S&W, etc) I think it was an outstanding value and not too far away in quality of food and service. We are glad that we made this choice and would certainly return again.

1  Thank Marshall D
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I visited with friends in the Annapolis area and they suggested this local restaurant. The wait was 45 minutes, so we walked across the bridge to Annapolis and were back and seated exactly on time. The quality of the beef is excellent and our server did well in explaining the our options. We were seated upstairs and the dark, quiet atmosphere was great for our party of 4 to catch up. The steaks were all expertly prepared to order and the sides were delicious. Best onion rings I've had in quite some time. Very good attentive service. Definitely worth a visit when in Annapolis - we'll be back.

1  Thank dupetersentravel