“Wonderful steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lewnes Steakhouse

Lewnes Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lewnes Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 348 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Severn Avenue
Transit: Water taxis drop off and pick up at the end of fourth street, less than a half block from the restaurants location.
Description: The Lewnes family has been serving fine food at this location since 1921. We trust that your dining experience with us will be a memorable one!
London
“Wonderful steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We didn't plan to eat here on our last night in the USA, but we just sort of followed another couple in, and were so glad we did, it was just the place for something a bit special. Our ribeye steaks were cooked perfectly and were delicious as were the vegetables. We couldn't fault the food or the service, a memorable place for us.

Visited June 2014
Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Sounds like we sent you off with a bang! It was a pleasure to make you feel welcome, Jayne. Thanks for making us a part of your trip, and keep us in mind next time you're in the States!

Cheers,

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Disappointed - I really wanted to like it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Recommended by a friend and Tripadvisors high rating. Unfortunately - my porterhouse was a poor cut of meat, with no char or even a grill mark. Worst expensive steak I've ever had. The rib eye was a bit better- but was not on bone. Excessive amount of butter. Sides were OK and the pecan pie was nice - not too sweet. Key lime pie was good. not a good sign when the desert was better than the steak! Would have returned the steak, but my wife hates it when I do that - so I'll need to find another restaurant to celebrate our 37th anniversary since this one didnt quite do it. Service was good - kudos to her at least. I wont be back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JT H
Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I'm very disappointed to read that you weren't impressed, JT. Thanks for reaching out about your visit -- customer feedback is helpful to know where we can look for improvement. I know we've got what it takes to impress you in the future, and I hope you'll consider returning.

Take care,
Boca Raton, Florida
“Sorry to say...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Our group of 6 went to the restaurant on a recommendation of some people at the marina we are staying at. All guests are steak eaters from across the US so their experience has a lot of background. As the captain of the yacht, I talked it up from what I had heard. Regretfully, the experience matched up more with the earlier reviews rather then the later reviews.
As a group of 6 we were placed at an appropriate table where there were about 7 tables total with 2 others occupied. It took a long time to get the service started and eventually had to ask to place our order... 5 rib eyes and 1 prime rib with 5 sides.
The bread came and was tough to cut and the butter hard. All agreed it was not good. Greek salads were ok.
When the food came everything was cold. To all of the people, even a medium rare steak should come hot if not sizzling. All sides were cool, even the potatoes. No one was really happy.
My biggest disappointment was that when I was done, there was just a little less then 1/3 of my steak left and because the steaks are nice and large that was a lot of steak and I expected to take it with me. I never saw it again. Was never asked if I wanted to take it with me even though it was obviously a lot of food. As a final note..... 3 of us, who had not seen each other until dinner, had stomach issues over night.
So, we did buy the lady that led the recommendation at the marina a $100 gift certificate because she loves the place, we will not be back.

• Visited May 2014
Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I wish we could've wowed you on your visit, Steve. Thanks for reaching out about your experience -- it's helpful to hear from guests. I appreciate you visiting, and I hope you'll consider returning for a much improved meal. As a small business that's been open since 1921, we know we've got what it takes to impress you!

Maryland
“Excellent Food, Excellent Service, Excellent Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Lewnes! I had a prime rib that was cooked to my specifications and was perfect! The filet was wonderful as well. I think they use a house dry rub that is delicious. The side dishes, asparagus, mashed potatoes, and mushrooms were fresh, tasted home cooked and were delicious. The cocktails, a Beefeater martini was chilled and satisfying. The attentiveness of the staff from the time we walked in the door and through our meal service was professional and friendly. Our server was very well informed about menu items and cuts of steak. The building where the restaurant is located has been renovated so there is plenty of room for customers but still maintains the friendly feel of having dinner at a good friend's home. And the food and staff made us feel very much at home. Thank you Lewnes!

• Visited November 2013
Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
It's delightful to read your review! Thanks for your kind words on everything from the Prime Rib to our well-informed staff. Looking forward to having you back the next time you're thinking about having steak for dinner!

Best wishes,
Selbyville, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great steak and friendly service on your way to the beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped for dinner on my way to the eastern shore to get out of traffic. Best pit stop ever! Fabulous ribeye and Greek salad is delicious. Worth seeking out for a great meal.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank GPfeif
Sam L, Manager at Lewnes Steakhouse, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Glad to hear we could provide you with such a pleasant put stop! Thanks for the kind words on your order, and I can't wait to have you back the next time you're around our area. Take care, Sam Lewnes, Manager