“Annapolis has a fine French Brasserie!”

Les Folies Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Les Folies Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 352 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Arris T Allen Blvd.
Transit: MTA bus stop
Dallas,Texas
“Annapolis has a fine French Brasserie!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The dinner was wonderful! The fois gras was superb, seared perfectly. They have a nice wine list. I had a French onion soup and my wife had a beet and blue cheese salad. The veal and mushroom entre was solid. Service was outstanding. It was like cheers, everyone knew the staff. A wonderful experience

• Visited August 2013

Crownsville
“Great Birthday”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

There were 4 of us. Our waitress was great helping with the menu. It was not the first time for my husband and I, but the others had never been to this restaurant. The bread was fresh out of oven and the appetizers of escargot, pate and fried oyster were outstanding. One of the main courses was the house special that night of Beef Bourguignon and should be on the permanent menu. Linguini with fresh seafood was a dream meal and as always the Paella was wonderful. We followed it up with soufflé, make sure you order when you order your meal. We will be back and just to make sure that we have our New Year's Eve seating we put in for it this visit.

• Visited August 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Cozy spot for a Sunday brunch”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I and close friend, children, and teenage granddaughters, eleven of us in all, arrived with reservations at 1:30PM following a two-hour sail on the Schooner Woodwind. The occasion for both events was the celebration of my wife's major birthday. By 1:30, the restaurant was nearly empty of guests, so it made for a nearly private celebration. The wait staff was very hospitable and helpful with the $30 prix fixe brunch menu consisting of a cocktail (great Bloody Mary for me), and several choices for appetizers, main course, and dessert. The half dozen blue point oysters were fresh and quite good. My veal scaloppine entree was not the best that I have ever tasted, but still quite acceptable. My tarte tatin (apple tart) was disappointing, more like an overcooked mass of carmelized applesauce pie than a tart of sliced apples that I had expected. Nevertheless, it was tasty. Had I known this beforehand, though, I would have ordered the bread pudding. All of our party seemed happy with their meals, and all enjoyed the warmth and responsiveness of the wait staff. The decor was reminiscent of a French cafe with appropriate lighting fixtures and walls covered with Parisian paintings. I would definitely return there next time I would find myself in Annapolis.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Hugh B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food for a family dinner to celebrate a birthday”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

In mid June, 2013, we reserved the party room for a dinner to celebrate my father's 95th birthday. Fourteen of us ages 3 years to 95 gathered and had a delicious meal. We all ordered off the regular menu and everyone had a wonderful meal. The mushroom soup was really good as was my soft shell crab. Others loved their French onion soup, steak, Coq au Vin, dark chocolate cake with raspberry sauce.
The wait staff was patient with the small children and flexible in allowing them to order plain pasta and other food better for children and not on the regular menu. There was no children's menu.
I made a few calls ahead of time with Laurence, a very nice helpful woman who handles special events. She was not there the evening of the party, but our waitress and her helpers did a good job handling such a wide age span although the service was a bit slow. It was understandable though since with several people in their nineties and a few toddlers, there were some unusual requests.
The bill was quite reasonable considering the number of people spending a long evening eating. We all had a grand time.

• Visited June 2013
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

We visited here on a Monday night and the car park was busy: always a great sign. The menu was true to France and complimented by good French wine. They have sourced fine Provincial wine and they are reasonably priced. I had escargots and then the filet mignon followed by the soufflé (the latter requires ordering 45 mins before you eat it). The food was excellent and so to was the wine. The service was friendly and attentive.

Visited June 2013