I've been to Sam's many times and under several different management regimes and Chef's. The food is always good, and on occasion even can be great. There is a new chef to Sam's, although he's been around Annapolis for quite some time, and most recently at the Wild Orchid. The current dinner presentations are a little dated (yet very tasty) in that it is not the newer school of thought on culinary presentation techniques or portion sizes.
Some key highlights of Sam's ...
- very good to great local musicians play on Friday and Saturday nights
- local's hang at Sam's and almost always out number visitors
- there is a great tiki bar during the warm months - and some transient boat slip are available, so a good dining destination by boat
- the food is good, sometimes great
- the prix fix menu is a good deal if you're looking for multiple courses
- desserts are really good and quite creative
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.