“Pub food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Pub food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were hoping for an Irish pub food, but got something else. I had a burger that was way over cooked and I request medium rare, but my husband liked the seafood marinara, which he enjoyed.

Visited June 2014

New Bern, North Carolina
“John Barry restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great deals at happy hour during the week from 4-7 PM. Steamed mussels and wings were delicious. Wine and beer prices were great. Service was friendly and attentive.

Breakfast was made to order and the food was fresh and delicious.

Visited June 2014
near DC
“Dramatic differences: From 2-4 stars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

First, breakfast looked good, but was horribly overpriced. I ordered corned beef hash, thinking that it was an Irish pub, so it would be special. It was, instead, two small patties of CANNED corned beef hash with poached eggs on top. It was $14! Ridiculous. Not to mention the restaurant was not crowded at all and it took (again, not exaggerating) an hour and a half to get our food, and then the orders were wrong. I actually walked over to the hostess station and got our own menus and coffee pitcher. The waitress did tell me that someone didn't show up, and this was her first service alone, but it was ridiculously slow. I have never been a server, and I could have handled the place faster! Luckily we were able to deal with such a long wait that morning as we were leaving later, but it was incredible, almost like a joke! To add insult to injury, the total price for breakfast was $68, for 4 people! So definitely 2 stars here.

The previous night's dinner, on the other hand was quite good. Unfortunately, there was nothing Irish on the menu, except the beer. We were told that the restaurant had just recently gotten a new chef, and it's no longer an Irish pub. Regardless, what we has was quite good, and not too ridiculously overpriced. Four people, with appetizers, 3 drinks and no desert was about $120. So, to be generous, it's 4 stars here.

One word of warning: Review your bills carefully, especially if you have a voucher or F&B deal. Their way of handling billing is archaic, and very clumsy. So far, they seem to have actually gotten things right, but the charges are still pending on my AMEX bill. I have been charged the right amount, but 3 days later there is still a very odd amount of almost $100 pending on my card (that doesn't match any charges, and is most certainly not a "hold").

So, bottom line - OK for dinner, but not an Irish Pub. Breakfast tries to be high end, is definitely high price. Watch your bill like a hawk!

Oh, and my husband enjoyed spending a few hours at the bar downing a few Guinnesses while I napped. He said it was great.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank mjaz
Lynn
“So so food and expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

The food was so so at best and expensive. Not a good combination. Room service eggs ordered over medium were runny and raw. Yuck

Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

The breakfast buffet had a large selection that was always stocked. The wait staff was attentive, something that is not always easy when you have a larger group with people constantly coming and going.

• Visited January 2014