“It is a true #1”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Mankato, MN
“It is a true #1”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I agree with all other great reviews of this SpringHill Suites, the one thing I can add is the close location to the Carrollton Metro system. We used the SpringHill Suites as our home base for our week of site seeing in Washington DC. It is about a 20 minute drive to the station, exit 6 off of 50 west. Another comfortable 25 minute ride and your in DC.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Romar556
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review. Letting travelers know about our location and ease of travel into Washington D.C is very helpful.

Steven Merchant.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
Maine, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We have stayed here twice and both times were very happy. Friendly staff and very clean. The area is pleasant and convenient to the highway. Our GPS had us on the right road but was off on the actually location by a quarter mile. It's our hotel of choice when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane P
Washington DC
Reviewed 24 June 2014

While the rooms are pleasant, new couch, newly remodeled bathrooms that are clean, I have a problem paying almost $200 a night for a room with sheets that are limp and tissue paper thin (not sure if they were even cotton sheets). The mattress in our room was VERY hard and the pillows were so hard, I woke up many times in the middle of the night trying to find some place of comfort to rest my head. The worst insult was the free hot breakfast. The eggs were obviously powdered eggs, not real eggs, and the sausage was not edible. It tasted as if some bread product had been mixed into the patty. There were dry cereals, toast and English muffins that had not be corrupted. Plastic ware is provided, but it was useless for slicing the apples provided in the buffet. No fresh citrus fruit. I was very disappointed that Marriott, who used to specialize in food service, would offer such a pathetic meal. I will never stay in a Springhill Suite again. Having experienced Homewood Suites breakfasts and Hyatt House breakfasts, this breakfast is no way to start the day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank triplemack
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Let me start by qualifying my four star rating as I struggled with not giving it a FIVE star rating and only didn't because I had to be consistent with my previous reviews. Once again, I only give high line luxury hotels five star ratings.

Location:
I was here on business for one night tonight. I know the area fairly well and its relatively near the mall. However, its not near the harbor and located largely in an industrial office area as you can't really walk anywhere for dining. Complimentary parking available works well.

Check-In/Lobby:
Very nice. Smooth transition at check-in. Front desk manager Derek assisted along with help from another staff member and they were both excellent. Lobby area is all brand new and well decorated with a contemporary decorum. Very pleasant arrival.

Room:
When I walked in I expected much less and I was really impressed. Small kitchenette area, nice separated living area with couch and chaise as well as a desk for business use. There is a wall that separates the bedroom from the living area. The beds are comfortable, spacious and the room includes a small closet with a safe. The bathroom is a bit small and unimpressive but clean and tidy nonetheless and gratefully we don't spend much time there (well I hope thats the case with most of us lol). My view was of the front parking lot. Nothing much to see from any direction of the hotel so don't worry about where the room is situated because all you will see is business parks in any direction.

Overall I would say this is a very good hotel and I would definitely recommend a stay here. It's not too far from both a residence inn and a courtyard but I haven't stayed at the others so I have no comparison. If you don't need five star luxury and a comfortable and well decorated hotel, relative to the category of hotel its a great hotel.

Negatives:
1. In-room toilet seat wouldn't stay up by itself. Not a good thing as a guy.
2. Elevator hot and muggy in the summer

Room Tip: All rooms face business parks no matter which direction
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TheQueGuy
No. Va.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Springhill Suites was a great place to stay on the west side of Annapolis. Check in was friendly and quick, the room was quite large with many amenities. Small kitchen area with one-cup coffeemaker, sink, microwave. Granite counters in kitchen and bathroom vanity areas - very nice. Nice living area with L-shaped couch, small end tables, lamps, desk and chair, TV on dresser in between living area and bedroom area. Nice complimentary toiletries, great shower and water pressure! Very nice (crowded!) breakfast buffet. Didn't use the whirlpool and indoor pool, but it looked nice.

Green Features: The hotel prides itself on environmentally friendly practices and encourages you to recycle but I didn't see that we had any special recycling bins in our rooms. They say they use recycled paper products, eco-friendly lightbulbs, carpeting, etc.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel was located outside of Annapolis, which worked well for our day trip in Annapolis and travel to Baltimore the next day. It was clean, the staff was kind and breakfast was good. Not enough seats for the 8:30am breakfast rush, but additional seating was provided in the nearby meeting room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mandarin2882
Kingston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed for two nights in two rooms when my son visited St. John's College in historic Annapolis. Though it is not located in historic Annapolis, it is well worth the few minutes it takes to drive there. It is close to shopping, restaurants and the highway. The staff is welcoming and helpful, the rooms spotless, and the breakfast buffet delicious. I especially liked the large vanity in the bathroom, and the separation in the suite of the bedroom area from the kitchen/computer desk area. The separation allowed for someone to catch a quick nap while others could use the computer or watch TV. We would definitely return. It is a great value.

Green Features: We like the separated trash can which had two compartments: one for trash and one for recyclables.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Judith A
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I hope you will make us your "home away from home" while you son is at St John's College. Hope to see you again in the fall.