“Not for Business Travelers - Poor Customer Service”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Northport, New York
“Not for Business Travelers - Poor Customer Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Poor customer service.

This hotels doesn't cater to the frequent business traveler. I travel every week for business, & usually stay at a Marriott type hotel, or a Hilton type hotel so have racked up many points. When I was checked in, I wasn't greeted with a thank you for your business (Elite-gold Member). When I asked for a room upgrade, I was told no. When I asked for a bottle of water (usually given-free when checking in) I was told I could purchase one at their marketplace. When I asked what perks does the Elilte-Gold Member receive I was told "Nothing". Even the internet wasn't complimentary (usually gets waived). Usually hotels recognize the frequent biz traveler & go the extra mile so that we continue to stay at their hotels. This hotel staff could of cared less. Next time I will stay at the Homewood Suites or Hampton inn that are close by.

To give the Housekeeping credit - the room was clean. :) and the bathroom amenities were Paul Mitchell (made in USA) & were great.

The hotel is located about 15 minutes from downtown Annapolis (easy drive).

However, with all of today's choices, I will not be staying at a hotel that doesn't care if I stay here or somewhere else.

Room Tip: Can hear lots of noise outside of door, so if you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from t...
Green Features: None. Don't believe they have one in place. All trash thrown in same garbage.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank M W
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am sorry you did not feel valued as a Gold Member, we value all our guests and hope that you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you the next time you are in the Annapolis area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This property is about 3 miles/10 minutes from the historic downtown and waterfront, and handy for hopping on the highway and all the restaurants and grocery stores in the Parole area. Clean and neat as a pin. A bunch of cousins (in our 50s/60s) stayed here for a family funeral recently, and the refrigerator and microwaves in the rooms were handy for leftovers from the Double T Diner and the Lebanese Taverna nearby. Sofa makes a nice gathering area for adults to watch slide show of our childhoods and growing up. Great breakfast. Very capable and friendly front desk staff.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

SpringHill Suites is consistent as ever! Clean, spacious rooms with free internet both wifi and Ethernet. The location was very nice and the staff was very friendly. If you have an electric car you will be pleased to know that there is a charging station in their parking lot as well. The free breakfast in the morning is the typical fare of rolls, bagels. Waffles. Fruit and cereals.

Stayed August 2014
NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here and rooms were clean the hotel is up to date. Front desk service was friendly and courteous.

Overall this hotel has excellent value and is a solid choice for the area for a clean comfortable hotel with friendly service.

• Stayed June 2014
Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Spacious room, clean, comfortable....the only negatives were the sounds of the above occupance walking and the water running through the drain pipe in the wall.
Great breakfast variety and courteous staff.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Miller Place, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Listened to Trip Advisor and, once again, was not disappointed. Needed some place reasonable and clean for my stay while I had my son at an Academy camp. Very clean, very roomy, and an easy 5-10 minute drive to the Academy and downtown. Amanda, at the front desk, could not have been more helpful. Forgot our phone chargers, and she offered to charge my son's phone, while I ran to Target to pick up one, before I had to drop him off. Housekeeping was also excellent.

chesterfield, va
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked this hotel last minute. The location is perfect. I have family in Davidsonville so it's close to them and to Annapolis so we can make a day trip to both locations. This hotel has had some recent renovations and it shows. The rooms are clean and bright. The price is ok for what you get. I would say that the room and it's layout are a little awkward but manageable. The beds are comfortable and the shower is great. There is a fridge, microwave and sink area which is helpful. No utensils or anything like that so you'd have to bring your own if you were staying longer than a night or two.

The hotel was full. The walls and ceilings are thin. We heard the people above us walking around all night and into the early morning. Kids were through out the hallways making noise and you could hear the elevator bell from down the hall. The hallways and elevator were unusually warm. Almost to the point of uncomfortable. We were on the 2nd floor so we were stuck in between and heard people all night. The bed made up a little for the noise and at least was comfortable. The toilet got stopped up and we had to go down to get a plunger, which fixed it but it was continuously running and having issues. Shower was warm thank goodness and the water pressure was good.

The breakfast was average. My daughter didn't eat the sausage as it seemed over cooked and just had cereal and juice. The area was very crowded and it was hard to find a seat so we went back up to our room. I would suggest that you either bring it upstairs or get there early. Or it may even pay just to run to McDonald's.

So all in all it's an average Marriott and an average stay. Likely will spring for the Hilton Garden Inn next time even if it's a few more bucks. Seems like this hotel needs a few improvements before we return.

Room Tip: Get on the 4th floor away from the elevators
Green Features: I didn't notice any environmentally friendly practices. I don't have anything to comment on for this area.
2 Thank Nikki S
Smerch112030, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations, but do hope you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you the next ime you are in the Annapolis area.